28th Annual Power and Gas M&A Symposium
- Starts: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 7:00 AM
- Ends: Thursday, February 19, 2015 5:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- Where: The Ritz-Carlton Battery Park
- Website: http://center.snl.com/Programs/liveevent.aspx?id=4294972668
While mergers and acquisitions among regulated utilities have become less frequent as the universe has contracted, a broader look at the sector, encompassing non-regulated generation, retail energy marketing and other related businesses, reveals a steady flow of deal activity. M&A continues to be an important part of many companies’ strategies, and pressure to grow has never been greater, resulting in a high volume of asset acquisitions and considerable interest in merger opportunities that arise. Much of the activity is coming from auctions, new business lines and alternative generation sources. Divestitures also have been a big driver of asset level activity, as companies seek to re-balance their business mixes. Throughout the Symposium, you'll gain critical insight into how M&A can be used to support your growth strategy.