M&A Due Diligence for ERISA Attorneys
- Starts: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 8:30 AM
- Ends: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 5:00 PM
- Time Zone: Central Daylight Time
- Where: American Bar Association, 321 N Clark St Chicago, IL 60654
- Website: http://shop.americanbar.org/ebus/ABAEventsCalendar/EventDetails.aspx?productId=187658257
A practical hands-on one-day seminar on how to conduct due diligence on employee benefits and executive compensation in mergers and acquisitions transactions involving both U.S. and international operations.
The seminar will focus on a case study, including an offering memo for the business and a virtual due diligence room. Material in the due diligence room reflects various current notices required for both single and multiemployer plans under the Pension Protection Act. The faculty includes an experienced in-house benefits executive, outside ERISA counsel, and the actuaries who advise him on the impact of various alternatives for dealing with benefits issues, either as a buyer or a seller. The faculty will discuss how to balance the demands of internal management, benefit consultants, and outside counsel.
The seminar will be limited to 15 participants to allow for interaction between the faculty and the participants.