E.P.I Central Indiana Chaptert: Demystifying ESOPS (Employee Stock Ownership Plans)
- Starts: (Is Ongoing) Tuesday, February 2, 2016 7:30 AM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- Where: Katz Sapper & Miller Conference Center, 800 East 96th Street, Suite 150
- Website: http://www.exit-planning-institute.org/events/central-indiana-chapter-event-demystifying-esops/
Learn about the ESOP exit planning path from leading Indiana professionals in three different disciplines: Legal, Valuation, and ESOP Trusteeship. Advisors who are unfamiliar with ESOPs would benefit from attending this program, which is designed to answer questions, de-bunk some “ESOP myths”, and help advisors determine when this specific exit planning tactic should be considered.
Business owner surveys show that selling to key employees, co-owners, and the employees through an ESOP remains a popular method of ensuring business continuity. This presentation will help you identify the benefits and drawbacks of an ESOP sale, and what traits or qualities in a business (and a shareholder) can lead to a successful ESOP exit plan.
- Identify and understand the tax benefits for ESOP companies and selling shareholders, and how these benefits compare to taxes on third-party sales.
- Learn about common myths and misconceptions related to ESOP companies.
- Get an update on the current regulatory environment for ESOP companies and the importance of building an ESOP ‘deal team’.
- Explore a recent ESOP transaction process that illustrates the learning objectives and highlights the importance of considering all options.
- Andrew J. Manchir, ASA, CMA
- Thomas P. Stafford
- David Van Ness