E.P.I Southern California Chapter: Family Business Transitions - What You Need to Know
- Starts: (Is Ongoing) Thursday, May 5, 2016 7:30 AM
- Time Zone: Pacific Daylight Time
- Where: The Center Club 650 Town Center Drive, Costa Mesa
- Website: http://www.exit-planning-institute.org/events/southern-california-chapter-event-family-business-dynamics/
Family Business Transitions: What You Need to Know
Family-owned businesses have a unique set of challenges and issues that must be understood and addressed when planning for transition. This presentation addresses the key distinctions and emotional issues that family-owned business owners and their advisors need to be aware of when considering the various options to transition ownership and leadership in a family business. Attendees will learn effective approaches to the most common roadblocks to a successful transition, and how to implement them.
- Identify the most common emotions at play when an owner is trying to decide to transition and to whom.
- Identify key factors to a successful transition in family businesses.
- Relate the role of a family transitions specialist and see when and how to incorporate one into the transition process.
- Emily Bouchard, Managing Partner, Wealth Legacy Group
- Kip Kolson, President, Family Wealth Leadership