Mergermarket Financial Services M&A Conference 2017
- Starts: Thursday, November 16, 2017 9:00 AM
- Ends: Thursday, November 16, 2017 1:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- Where: 10 on the Park
- Website: http://www.westmonroepartners.com/Insights/Events/2017/11/Mergermarket-Financial-Services-MA-Event
Join West Monroe's Gil Mermelstein as we discuss financial services investment and M&A trends
10:30 am: Private Equity's Favorite Financial Assets
Over the past several years, private-equity sponsored M&A in the financial services industry has remained steady with transaction count of 40 or slightly above. In the largest financial service deal of 2017 thus far, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.'s purchase of USI Holdings Corporation, a provider of property and casualty insurance and employee benefits services, for US$4.3bn illustrates an interesting trend: The insurance industry's reoccurring revenue model has made it a favorite target among buyout shops.
Delegates will listen to panelists discuss how and where private equity firms are sourcing deals in the financial service industry, covering topics such as:
- Identifying subsectors within the insurance industry that offer the most opportunity over the next 12 months.
- Exploring what acquisitions insurance companies themselves are targeting and how that makes them attractive for potential private equity owners.
- What is private equity's value proposition for insurance and asset management companies?
- Assessing performance of portfolio companies since going private in the last several years.