Andrew Sherman is an M&A Partner at Jones Day. He focuses his practice on issues affecting business growth for companies at all stages, including developing strategies to leverage intellectual property and technology assets, as well as international corporate transactional and franchising matters.
He has served as a legal and strategic advisor to dozens of Fortune 500 companies and hundreds of emerging growth companies. He has represented U.S. and international clients from early stage, rapidly growing start-ups, to closely held franchisors and middle market companies, to multibillion dollar international conglomerates. He also counsels on issues such as franchising, licensing, joint ventures, strategic alliances, capital formation, distribution channels, technology development, and mergers and acquisitions.
Andrew has written 24 books on the legal and strategic aspects of business growth, franchising, capital formation, and the leveraging of intellectual property. He also has published many articles on similar topics and is a frequent keynote speaker at business conferences, seminars, and webinars. He has appeared as a guest commentator on CNN, NPR, and CBS News Radio, among others, and has been interviewed on legal topics by The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Forbes, U.S. News & World Report, and other publications.
Andrew serves as an adjunct professor in the M.B.A. programs at the University of Maryland and as well as the law school at Georgetown University and is a multiple recipient of the University of Maryland at College Park's Krowe Excellence in Teaching Award.
Recent Questions by Andrew Sherman
- What are some creative M&A deal structures?
- How do you value intangible assets in a business sale?
- What corporate governance changes can drive shareholder value?
- What are important legal issues to consider in a Letter of Intent?
- What clauses should a business owner pay particular attention to in a Purchase Sale Agreement?
- What are the most contentious issues when negotiating a Purchase Sale Agreement?
- How should a deal team interact to ensure that an M&A deal gets to a closing?
- What should be considered when hiring an M&A lawyer?
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.