Charles Smith is the founder of Pegasus Intellectual Capital Solutions LLC, a boutique investment banking firm based in Chicago, Illinois that specializes in creative solutions for its clients related to mergers & acquisitions, restructurings and workouts, exit planning, and shareholder value maximization.
During his 34 years in investment and commercial banking, Charles has crafted solutions to many intractable problems. He assists businesses in creating strategic marketing plans; capital raising (debt, equity and international credit facilities); Mergers & Acquisitions; Restructuring & Reorganization, and Shareholder Value Maximization.
- Financing the first and only hostile takeover of a company by its employees in U.S. history;
- Structuring a $132mm monetization of royalty payments for a major U.S. company that was capital constrained;
- Structuring the first-ever intercreditor agreement providing for ratable treatment between the bank debt and public debt that later became the industry standard, in his co-agented bank financing for Del Monte Corporation leveraged buyout from RJ Reynolds and subsequent refinancing;
- Organizing the first-ever foreign bank blocking vote/joint legal representation negotiating group in bankruptcy history; and
- Conceiving of and chairing the committee for the first-ever sale of equity, prior to a bankruptcy plan vote in U.S. history, to Apollo Management lead by Leon Black, and negotiated against Wilbur Ross in the 9th largest bankruptcy at that time.
Charles is a member of the Alliance of Merger and Acquisition Advisers, the Association for Corporate Growth, the Knowledge Management Institute, the Association of Information Management, the Human Capital Institute, Licensing Executives Society, Intellectual Property Owners Association, Alpha Zeta, Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi and Mensa.