During his 34 years in investment and commercial banking, Charles has crafted solutions to many intractable problems. He assists businesses in creating strategic marketing plans; capital raising (debt, equity and international credit facilities); Mergers & Acquisitions; Restructuring & Reorganization, and Shareholder Value Maximization.
- Financing the first and only hostile takeover of a company by its employees in U.S. history;
- Structuring a $132mm monetization of royalty payments for a major U.S. company that was capital constrained;
- Structuring the first-ever intercreditor agreement providing for ratable treatment between the bank debt and public debt that later became the industry standard, in his co-agented bank financing for Del Monte Corporation leveraged buyout from RJ Reynolds and subsequent refinancing;
- Organizing the first-ever foreign bank blocking vote/joint legal representation negotiating group in bankruptcy history; and
- Conceiving of and chairing the committee for the first-ever sale of equity, prior to a bankruptcy plan vote in U.S. history, to Apollo Management lead by Leon Black, and negotiated against Wilbur Ross in the 9th largest bankruptcy at that time.