Divestopedia is a resource for entrepreneurs who want to sell their business for the best price and terms. Whether you are thinking of selling, have started a sales process, or are post-deal, we aim to arm you with the knowledge required to maximize value and limit your downside risk.
Our terms and articles cover anything and everything to do with the process of determining if you should sell your business, how to go about doing so and what "gotchas" you should be aware of along the way. Divestopedia is solely committed to delivering you impartial content that is easy to understand, specific to corporate valuations and free. This doesn’t mean we don’t cover peripheral concepts like retirement and employee retention, but it does mean that we look at those topics as they relate to you, the company owner, broker or curious reader.
No textbook in business school can prepare you for the roller coaster of selling. We believe the best way to learn is to get the experience of those who have been there before -- the entrepreneurs, investment bankers, serial buyers and other service providers who have gone through the process.
Recent Questions by John Carvalho
Recent Articles by John Carvalho
All Articles by John Carvalho
- A Summary of M&A Fees for Sell-Side Transactions
- How to Find the Ever Elusive Proprietary Deal
- An Overview of Business Valuation Standards
- 5 Online Strategies For Private Equity to Improve and Increase Deal Flow
- Why Your M&A Advisor Should Use Online Deal Sourcing
- How Selling to Private Equity Worked for Me
- Questions and Answers with John K. Paglia, Ph.D. - A Divestopedia Exclusive
- A Call to All Exit Planners and Professionals - Complete this Survey
- What is an Acceptable Range of Deferred Payment in a Business Sale?
- How Will You Find the Best Advisor to Sell Your Business?
- Been There, Done That: An Energy Services Entrepreneur Tells His Sale Story
- Negotiating Working Capital Levels in a Business Sale
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
If you don’t know where you’re going, you’ll end up somewhere else.