Mike McCarron graduated from University of Toronto with a BA before founding MSM Transportation Inc. in 1990. Under his leadership, the company won numerous business awards including Canada’s 50 Best Managed Private Companies, Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies and Canada’s Top Motor Carrier. In 2012 MSM was sold to the Wheels Group where Mike currently manages the M&A strategy.
Mike is past president of the Toronto Transportation Club and currently sits on the board of the Canadian Trucking Alliance and the Executive Board of the Ontario Trucking Association where he was chairman of the Annual Convention for 12 years. He is a regular speaker on the industry circuit and is a columnist for Fleet Executive (Bottom Line), Fleet Owner (Closing the Deal) and Rear View Mirror.
In the past year Mike was a finalist for the KRW Award for “Best Regularly Featured Column” and was recognized by the Toronto Transportation Club with the “Board of Directors Award” at their 100th Annual Dinner.
In his spare time, Mike is president and owner of the St. Michaels Buzzers Jr “A” Hockey Club and spends winter weekends chasing the Cornell Big Red men’s hockey team around the country.
- Sep26 M&A Conference at University of Chicago September 2018
- Oct02 The Art of M&A Integration - Oct 2018
- Oct03 Virginia Capital Conference - Oct 2018
- Oct03 Corporate Development Conference 2018: Conquering Disruption and Capturing Deal Value
- Oct04 14th Annual Mergers and Acquistions Institute Conference Oct 2018