Prior to specializing in divesture strategies, I spent 20 years developing and honing my succession and exit planning expertise by serving owners of middle market companies as their Chief Financial Officer. A significant portion of my career has been successfully handling turnaround and financial restructuring work for companies with revenues between $6mm and $115mm across various industry sectors.
My areas of expertise include business valuation, mergers and acquisitions, developing and implementing strategic business plans, value enhancement, right-sizing, cost cutting, structuring and financing.
My decision to specialize in divesture strategies came after observing my father’s business exit, after which I realized that most middle market business owners don't have access to the specialized resources essential when planning and executing their exit. Consequently, they skip the strategic and preparation step in the divesture process, resulting in post-exit remorse with significant wealth left on the table.
I chose this specialized field to fill this real and rapidly growing need and as a means to a meaningful and gratifying career.
Recent Articles by Scott Yoder
All Articles by Scott Yoder
- The Exit Planning Institute Doesn't Want You to Exit
- The #1 Reason Business Sellers Leave Chips on the Table
- Is Your Management Team the Right Exit Channel for You?
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About ESOPs
- Stats Show Entrepreneurs Great at Building Wealth, Awful at Monetization
- WEBINAR - David F. Broderick, Esq. - The Sales Process
- Company Valuations and Why They're the Wrong Metric for Business Owners
- 5 Core Tenets of Exit Planning
- Who Will Buy My Company?
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
There is no substitute for hard work.
Thomas A. Edison