Maximize Value

If you're like most entrepreneurs, a significant portion of your net worth is tied up in your business. In this section, learn about financial and qualitiative techniques available to ensure the value of your nest egg is maximized well before deciding to sell.

Growing Your Business in Preparation for a Sale Growing Your Business in Preparation for a Sale Growing Your Business in Preparation for a Sale Growing Your Business in Preparation for a Sale

If your business value isn't where you want it to be, but you're looking to sell soon, follow these simple steps to start improving it...

The Importance of Projections in Determining Business Value The Importance of Projections in Determining Business Value The Importance of Projections in Determining Business Value The Importance of Projections in Determining Business Value

It's no secret that valuations are a big part of the business selling process, and it's a critical step. Weighing future projections is a...

Four Simple Ways to Increase Your Business Value Four Simple Ways to Increase Your Business Value Four Simple Ways to Increase Your Business Value Four Simple Ways to Increase Your Business Value

Author and speaker of M&A and business finance, Brad Mewes, discusses four simple ways to increase your business value through organic...

Who Will Buy My Company? Who Will Buy My Company? Who Will Buy My Company? Who Will Buy My Company?

The right way to find the best buyer for your company when you are ready to sell. Develop the ultimate strategy to source and choose the...

When Selling Your Business, Don't Waste a Buyer's Time When Selling Your Business, Don't Waste a Buyer's Time When Selling Your Business, Don't Waste a Buyer's Time When Selling Your Business, Don't Waste a Buyer's Time

When selling your business, you will inevitably be asked the question: Why are you selling your business? You and your team need to have a...

Excessive or Expected Costs: What SG&A Can Tell You About Your Business Excessive or Expected Costs: What SG&A Can Tell You About Your Business Excessive or Expected Costs: What SG&A Can Tell You About Your Business Excessive or Expected Costs: What SG&A Can Tell You About Your Business

Expenses are a normal cost of doing business, but how much is too much? Are you overpaying on taxes because you are unsure how to manage...

Key Ingredients to Making M&A Brand Decisions Key Ingredients to Making M&A Brand Decisions Key Ingredients to Making M&A Brand Decisions Key Ingredients to Making M&A Brand Decisions

There are many factors to consider when finalizing the resulting new brand (or re-branding) from a merger and acquisition. This article...

The Top 10 EBITDA Adjustments to Make Before Selling a Business The Top 10 EBITDA Adjustments to Make Before Selling a Business The Top 10 EBITDA Adjustments to Make Before Selling a Business The Top 10 EBITDA Adjustments to Make Before Selling a Business

Investment bankers conduct a comprehensive review of historical numbers to show a company in the best financial position possible when it's...

Master Ten Value Drivers to Sell Your Business at the Highest Price Master Ten Value Drivers to Sell Your Business at the Highest Price Master Ten Value Drivers to Sell Your Business at the Highest Price Master Ten Value Drivers to Sell Your Business at the Highest Price

When it comes time to sell your business, you need to master these 10 value drivers to give yourself the best position possible in today's...

What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth? What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth? What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth? What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth?

Figuring out what your electronic manufacturing business is worth is an important first step to entering the market. This article details...

What Role Does Your Brand Play in a Successful M&A? What Role Does Your Brand Play in a Successful M&A? What Role Does Your Brand Play in a Successful M&A? What Role Does Your Brand Play in a Successful M&A?

Brand strength and value is often overlooked during a merger and acquisition. However, brands carry a lot of value and influence how...

Building Value Is the Win-Win-Win of Exit Planning Building Value Is the Win-Win-Win of Exit Planning Building Value Is the Win-Win-Win of Exit Planning Building Value Is the Win-Win-Win of Exit Planning

The best way to build value for your business sale is to make sure you, the business owner, are not an integral part of the sale....

How Business Sales Are Best Strategized, Conducted and Consummated How Business Sales Are Best Strategized, Conducted and Consummated How Business Sales Are Best Strategized, Conducted and Consummated How Business Sales Are Best Strategized, Conducted and Consummated

This article follows-up on the Divestopedia article 'When Selling Your Business, What Sale Process Is Best?' with a focus on the often...

What Is My Concrete Business Worth? What Is My Concrete Business Worth? What Is My Concrete Business Worth? What Is My Concrete Business Worth?

What is the best way to evaluate your concrete business' worth in today's market? Explore the information in this article to give yourself...

What Is My Chemical Manufacturing Plant Worth? What Is My Chemical Manufacturing Plant Worth? What Is My Chemical Manufacturing Plant Worth? What Is My Chemical Manufacturing Plant Worth?

A comprehensive look at the various factors that go into valuing and selling your chemical manufacturing plant.

A Valuation Is Not Always the Best Way to Measure Value A Valuation Is Not Always the Best Way to Measure Value A Valuation Is Not Always the Best Way to Measure Value A Valuation Is Not Always the Best Way to Measure Value

Intangibles make up 80% of the value of the average business. Understanding these intangibles helps create a map of how different parts of...

Podcast: Acquisition Growth Strategies for Middle Market Companies Podcast: Acquisition Growth Strategies for Middle Market Companies Podcast: Acquisition Growth Strategies for Middle Market Companies Podcast: Acquisition Growth Strategies for Middle Market Companies

Podcast with John Bly, author of 'Cracking the Code: An Entrepreneur’s Guide to Growing Your Business Through Mergers and Acquisitions for...

7 Reasons Your Business Isn't Worth What You Think It's Worth 7 Reasons Your Business Isn't Worth What You Think It's Worth 7 Reasons Your Business Isn't Worth What You Think It's Worth 7 Reasons Your Business Isn't Worth What You Think It's Worth

Business owner sometimes have lofty expectations on the value of their companies. Here are reasons why these expectations might not be...

Solving Exit Strategy Issues to Maximize Profit Solving Exit Strategy Issues to Maximize Profit Solving Exit Strategy Issues to Maximize Profit Solving Exit Strategy Issues to Maximize Profit

Business owners have many reasons to want to sell their business now. But before making this big decision, be sure it's really what you...