EBITDA

The Value of a Valuation The Value of a Valuation The Value of a Valuation The Value of a Valuation

The best valuations cover all the basis. Are you getting the best? Find out what nuances are often overlooked in a business valuation and...

Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation? Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation? Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation? Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation?

Your accountant is willing to do the valuation of your business, but should you be willing to let them? Here are some of the main reasons...

Excessive or Expected Costs: What SG&A Can Tell You About Your Business Excessive or Expected Costs: What SG&A Can Tell You About Your Business Excessive or Expected Costs: What SG&A Can Tell You About Your Business Excessive or Expected Costs: What SG&A Can Tell You About Your Business

Expenses are a normal cost of doing business, but how much is too much? Are you overpaying on taxes because you are unsure how to manage...

EBITDA Engineering Before Selling a Business EBITDA Engineering Before Selling a Business EBITDA Engineering Before Selling a Business EBITDA Engineering Before Selling a Business

Take control of your financial statement by learning how accounting policies can positively impact EBITDA

Why A Major Corporation Would Buy Your Local Business Why A Major Corporation Would Buy Your Local Business Why A Major Corporation Would Buy Your Local Business Why A Major Corporation Would Buy Your Local Business

What would make a large corporation like Bell purchase a local business? Could your business appeal to a larger competitor for a sizeable...

7 Reasons Your Business Isn't Worth What You Think It's Worth 7 Reasons Your Business Isn't Worth What You Think It's Worth 7 Reasons Your Business Isn't Worth What You Think It's Worth 7 Reasons Your Business Isn't Worth What You Think It's Worth

Business owner sometimes have lofty expectations on the value of their companies. Here are reasons why these expectations might not be...

Valuing the Growth Rate in the Sale of a Technology Company Valuing the Growth Rate in the Sale of a Technology Company Valuing the Growth Rate in the Sale of a Technology Company Valuing the Growth Rate in the Sale of a Technology Company

David Kauppi from MidMarket Capital calculates an adjustment factor for valuations between publicly traded and privately held companies,...

How Your Balance Sheet Impacts Business Value How Your Balance Sheet Impacts Business Value How Your Balance Sheet Impacts Business Value How Your Balance Sheet Impacts Business Value

A balance sheet is one of the most common starting places for buyers when attempting to assess the value of your company. Learn which line...

How Would a Private Equity Firm Value Your Company? How Would a Private Equity Firm Value Your Company? How Would a Private Equity Firm Value Your Company? How Would a Private Equity Firm Value Your Company?

Hadley Capital, a private equity firm, explains how they would value your business for sale. Learn about the methods used and what to...

How Does Working Capital Impact the Value of Your Business? How Does Working Capital Impact the Value of Your Business? How Does Working Capital Impact the Value of Your Business? How Does Working Capital Impact the Value of Your Business?

Working capital is a contentious issue over the course of a transaction as the buyer and seller will often have divergent views. If it's...

Avoiding the Exclusive Negotiations Trap Avoiding the Exclusive Negotiations Trap Avoiding the Exclusive Negotiations Trap Avoiding the Exclusive Negotiations Trap

Competitive tension is essential to exert control over the sale process and present an enforceable timeline to bidders

How to Find the Ever Elusive Proprietary Deal How to Find the Ever Elusive Proprietary Deal How to Find the Ever Elusive Proprietary Deal How to Find the Ever Elusive Proprietary Deal

Just like unicorns, Loch Ness monster and Bigfoot, proprietary deals are mythical creatures rarely encountered. So, just how can a PE firms...

Tying the Knot: Getting to 'I Do' with the Right Private Equity Partner Tying the Knot: Getting to 'I Do' with the Right Private Equity Partner Tying the Knot: Getting to 'I Do' with the Right Private Equity Partner Tying the Knot: Getting to 'I Do' with the Right Private Equity Partner

Partnering with a private equity firm is a bit like getting married. Here is some advice on how to choose "the one

Six Critical KPIs That Drive Business Value in the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Six Critical KPIs That Drive Business Value in the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Six Critical KPIs That Drive Business Value in the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Six Critical KPIs That Drive Business Value in the Automotive Aftermarket Industry

Drilling down to the nuts and bolts of financial management analysis offers significant insight on driving business value

How to Increase the Probability of a Successful Exit How to Increase the Probability of a Successful Exit How to Increase the Probability of a Successful Exit How to Increase the Probability of a Successful Exit

Have you defined what a successful exit actually looks like? Do you have a realistic goal for when you want to sell the company and how...

5 All Too Common Balance Sheet Red Flags That Could Impact Salability 5 All Too Common Balance Sheet Red Flags That Could Impact Salability 5 All Too Common Balance Sheet Red Flags That Could Impact Salability 5 All Too Common Balance Sheet Red Flags That Could Impact Salability

Taking a hard look at your balance sheet will help identify potential red flags that could send a buyer running the other way

The Initial Price May Not Be Real The Initial Price May Not Be Real The Initial Price May Not Be Real The Initial Price May Not Be Real

“The Due Diligence Grind” is often practiced by sophisticated acquirers to reduce the purchase price of a business, by citing negative...

Avoid These Four Mid-Market Deal Killers Avoid These Four Mid-Market Deal Killers Avoid These Four Mid-Market Deal Killers Avoid These Four Mid-Market Deal Killers

Few experiences in business are more harrowing than having a deal to sell your company fall apart. While the ups and downs of a deal are...

How to Sell Your Business for a Crazy High Price How to Sell Your Business for a Crazy High Price How to Sell Your Business for a Crazy High Price How to Sell Your Business for a Crazy High Price

What does it take to sell your business for an Outrageous Price? Find out in this interview with Kevin Short, author of Sell Your Business...