EBITDA

tax strategy, taxes, tax deduction, depreciation, cost segregation, accelerated depreciation tax strategy, taxes, tax deduction, depreciation, cost segregation, accelerated depreciation tax strategy, taxes, tax deduction, depreciation, cost segregation, accelerated depreciation tax strategy, taxes, tax deduction, depreciation, cost segregation, accelerated depreciation

CSSI's Jodi Nielsen and David Deshotels explain how to make use of cost segregation as a way to improve your cash flow. Listen to this...

5 Tall Tales Entrepreneurs Tell to Bolster Business Value 5 Tall Tales Entrepreneurs Tell to Bolster Business Value 5 Tall Tales Entrepreneurs Tell to Bolster Business Value 5 Tall Tales Entrepreneurs Tell to Bolster Business Value

Business owners come up with all kinds of stories to support an unrealistically high value for their business. The problem is, most of...

value gap, earnout value gap, earnout value gap, earnout value gap, earnout

Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of earnouts and how best to structure the terms in order to achieve the goals of both buyer...

Magic Tricks to Help You Get the Valuation You Want Magic Tricks to Help You Get the Valuation You Want Magic Tricks to Help You Get the Valuation You Want Magic Tricks to Help You Get the Valuation You Want

What witchcraft is this? Let us share three magic tricks to get you the valuation your company deserves.

earnout earnout earnout earnout

Is an earnout right for your business sale? What should a seller be on the lookout for?

recast EBITDA recast EBITDA recast EBITDA recast EBITDA

Recasting EBITDA removes expenses that would not be incurred by a new owner. However, business sellers get carried away with the process...

'I Sold My Business at 10X Multiple.' A Multiple of What (and When)? 'I Sold My Business at 10X Multiple.' A Multiple of What (and When)? 'I Sold My Business at 10X Multiple.' A Multiple of What (and When)? 'I Sold My Business at 10X Multiple.' A Multiple of What (and When)?

How many times have you heard that a company sold for a big multiple? Have you ever wondered what this multiple refers to? This article...

Why Enterprise Value Doesn't Tell the Whole Story About a Company's Worth Why Enterprise Value Doesn't Tell the Whole Story About a Company's Worth Why Enterprise Value Doesn't Tell the Whole Story About a Company's Worth Why Enterprise Value Doesn't Tell the Whole Story About a Company's Worth

Enterprise value sounds flashy when you see those big numbers posted, but if you look at the cash the seller actually receives, you may be...

Traditional Valuation Techniques May not Apply for an Information Technology Company Traditional Valuation Techniques May not Apply for an Information Technology Company Traditional Valuation Techniques May not Apply for an Information Technology Company Traditional Valuation Techniques May not Apply for an Information Technology Company

Traditional valuations work for the average business, but what about your information technology company? Perhaps it's time to consider...

7 Key Principles of Business Value 7 Key Principles of Business Value 7 Key Principles of Business Value 7 Key Principles of Business Value

Want to create value and wealth in your business? These key concepts explain exactly how to do it.

Private Equity Groups Can Recognize Strategic Value in a Tech Company Acquisition Private Equity Groups Can Recognize Strategic Value in a Tech Company Acquisition Private Equity Groups Can Recognize Strategic Value in a Tech Company Acquisition Private Equity Groups Can Recognize Strategic Value in a Tech Company Acquisition

Instead of lagging behind and losing out on attractive deals, PEGs have come around to a new strategy that allows them to contend with...

What's Missing in EBITDA? What's Missing in EBITDA? What's Missing in EBITDA? What's Missing in EBITDA?

EBITDA is a common measurement for business value. But is it the right method for your business? What does EBITDA miss when it comes to...

Challenging How We Think of EBITDA Challenging How We Think of EBITDA Challenging How We Think of EBITDA Challenging How We Think of EBITDA

Most business owners use EBITDA as a valuation method, even though it isn't GAAP. That being said, is it really as good of a valuation...

Podcast: Save 80% in Taxes When You Sell Your Business, an Interview with Todd Ganos Podcast: Save 80% in Taxes When You Sell Your Business, an Interview with Todd Ganos Podcast: Save 80% in Taxes When You Sell Your Business, an Interview with Todd Ganos Podcast: Save 80% in Taxes When You Sell Your Business, an Interview with Todd Ganos

Let Todd Ganos guide you through the proper tax considerations before you sell your business. Reduce the amount you pay in taxes by 80% at...

The Value of a Valuation The Value of a Valuation The Value of a Valuation The Value of a Valuation

The best valuations cover all the basis. Are you getting the best? Find out what nuances are often overlooked in a business valuation and...

Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation? Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation? Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation? Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation?

Your accountant is willing to do the valuation of your business, but should you be willing to let them? Here are some of the main reasons...

Excessive or Expected Costs: What SG&A Can Tell You About Your Business Excessive or Expected Costs: What SG&A Can Tell You About Your Business Excessive or Expected Costs: What SG&A Can Tell You About Your Business Excessive or Expected Costs: What SG&A Can Tell You About Your Business

Expenses are a normal cost of doing business, but how much is too much? Are you overpaying on taxes because you are unsure how to manage...

The Top 10 EBITDA Adjustments to Make Before Selling a Business The Top 10 EBITDA Adjustments to Make Before Selling a Business The Top 10 EBITDA Adjustments to Make Before Selling a Business The Top 10 EBITDA Adjustments to Make Before Selling a Business

Investment bankers conduct a comprehensive review of historical numbers to show a company in the best financial position possible when it's...

Master Ten Value Drivers to Sell Your Business at the Highest Price Master Ten Value Drivers to Sell Your Business at the Highest Price Master Ten Value Drivers to Sell Your Business at the Highest Price Master Ten Value Drivers to Sell Your Business at the Highest Price

When it comes time to sell your business, you need to master these 10 value drivers to give yourself the best position possible in today's...