EBITDA

What's Missing in EBITDA? What's Missing in EBITDA? What's Missing in EBITDA? What's Missing in EBITDA?

EBITDA is a common measurement for business value. But is it the right method for your business? What does EBITDA miss when it comes to...

EBITDA Engineering Before Selling a Business EBITDA Engineering Before Selling a Business EBITDA Engineering Before Selling a Business EBITDA Engineering Before Selling a Business

It's important to consider how your EBITDA will impact your valuation. These basic accounting policies can help you get the results you're...

valuation, strategic valuation, strategic value, EBITDA valuation, strategic valuation, strategic value, EBITDA valuation, strategic valuation, strategic value, EBITDA valuation, strategic valuation, strategic value, EBITDA

Multiple of EBITDA isn't always the best way to decide the value of your company. There are more strategic valuations you can do, depending...

valuation, due diligence, due diligence grind valuation, due diligence, due diligence grind valuation, due diligence, due diligence grind valuation, due diligence, due diligence grind

There are a multitude of ways buyers can reduce the purchase price of a business. One of the cleverest is by using the due diligence grind...

Where Does the Operating Partner in Private Equity Begin? Where Does the Operating Partner in Private Equity Begin? Where Does the Operating Partner in Private Equity Begin? Where Does the Operating Partner in Private Equity Begin?

Discover the importance of an operating partner and the value they can bring.

Tying the Knot: Getting to 'I Do' with the Right Private Equity Partner Tying the Knot: Getting to 'I Do' with the Right Private Equity Partner Tying the Knot: Getting to 'I Do' with the Right Private Equity Partner Tying the Knot: Getting to 'I Do' with the Right Private Equity Partner

Thinking of partnering with a private equity firm? You should be thinking about it in terms of a marriage. Find the fit you will be happy...

risk-adjusted, risk-free rate, valuation, private company risk-adjusted, risk-free rate, valuation, private company risk-adjusted, risk-free rate, valuation, private company risk-adjusted, risk-free rate, valuation, private company

Private companies are valued based on a multiple of EBITDA, with the multiple typically being lower because they are considered riskier...

tax strategy, taxes, tax deduction, depreciation, cost segregation, accelerated depreciation tax strategy, taxes, tax deduction, depreciation, cost segregation, accelerated depreciation tax strategy, taxes, tax deduction, depreciation, cost segregation, accelerated depreciation tax strategy, taxes, tax deduction, depreciation, cost segregation, accelerated depreciation

CSSI's Jodi Nielsen and David Deshotels explain how to make use of cost segregation as a way to improve your cash flow. Listen to this...

5 Tall Tales Entrepreneurs Tell to Bolster Business Value 5 Tall Tales Entrepreneurs Tell to Bolster Business Value 5 Tall Tales Entrepreneurs Tell to Bolster Business Value 5 Tall Tales Entrepreneurs Tell to Bolster Business Value

Business owners come up with all kinds of stories to support an unrealistically high value for their business. The problem is, most of...

value gap, earnout value gap, earnout value gap, earnout value gap, earnout

Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of earnouts and how best to structure the terms in order to achieve the goals of both buyer...

Magic Tricks to Help You Get the Valuation You Want Magic Tricks to Help You Get the Valuation You Want Magic Tricks to Help You Get the Valuation You Want Magic Tricks to Help You Get the Valuation You Want

What witchcraft is this? Let us share three magic tricks to get you the valuation your company deserves.

recast EBITDA recast EBITDA recast EBITDA recast EBITDA

Recasting EBITDA removes expenses that would not be incurred by a new owner. However, business sellers get carried away with the process...

'I Sold My Business at 10X Multiple.' A Multiple of What (and When)? 'I Sold My Business at 10X Multiple.' A Multiple of What (and When)? 'I Sold My Business at 10X Multiple.' A Multiple of What (and When)? 'I Sold My Business at 10X Multiple.' A Multiple of What (and When)?

How many times have you heard that a company sold for a big multiple? Have you ever wondered what this multiple refers to? This article...

Why Enterprise Value Doesn't Tell the Whole Story About a Company's Worth Why Enterprise Value Doesn't Tell the Whole Story About a Company's Worth Why Enterprise Value Doesn't Tell the Whole Story About a Company's Worth Why Enterprise Value Doesn't Tell the Whole Story About a Company's Worth

Enterprise value sounds flashy when you see those big numbers posted, but if you look at the cash the seller actually receives, you may be...

Traditional Valuation Techniques May not Apply for an Information Technology Company Traditional Valuation Techniques May not Apply for an Information Technology Company Traditional Valuation Techniques May not Apply for an Information Technology Company Traditional Valuation Techniques May not Apply for an Information Technology Company

Traditional valuations work for the average business, but what about your information technology company? Perhaps it's time to consider...

7 Key Principles of Business Value 7 Key Principles of Business Value 7 Key Principles of Business Value 7 Key Principles of Business Value

Want to create value and wealth in your business? These key concepts explain exactly how to do it.

Private Equity Groups Can Recognize Strategic Value in a Tech Company Acquisition Private Equity Groups Can Recognize Strategic Value in a Tech Company Acquisition Private Equity Groups Can Recognize Strategic Value in a Tech Company Acquisition Private Equity Groups Can Recognize Strategic Value in a Tech Company Acquisition

Instead of lagging behind and losing out on attractive deals, PEGs have come around to a new strategy that allows them to contend with...

Challenging How We Think of EBITDA Challenging How We Think of EBITDA Challenging How We Think of EBITDA Challenging How We Think of EBITDA

Most business owners use EBITDA as a valuation method, even though it isn't GAAP. That being said, is it really as good of a valuation...

Podcast: Save 80% in Taxes When You Sell Your Business, an Interview with Todd Ganos Podcast: Save 80% in Taxes When You Sell Your Business, an Interview with Todd Ganos Podcast: Save 80% in Taxes When You Sell Your Business, an Interview with Todd Ganos Podcast: Save 80% in Taxes When You Sell Your Business, an Interview with Todd Ganos

Let Todd Ganos guide you through the proper tax considerations before you sell your business. Reduce the amount you pay in taxes by 80% at...