Enterprise Value

Do You Know What Your Company Is Worth? Do You Know What Your Company Is Worth? Do You Know What Your Company Is Worth? Do You Know What Your Company Is Worth?

Having a proper understanding of the value of your company - despite the fact that banks, shareholders and government agencies never ask...

Why Enterprise Value Doesn't Tell the Whole Story About a Company's Worth Why Enterprise Value Doesn't Tell the Whole Story About a Company's Worth Why Enterprise Value Doesn't Tell the Whole Story About a Company's Worth Why Enterprise Value Doesn't Tell the Whole Story About a Company's Worth

Enterprise value sounds flashy when you see those big numbers posted, but if you look at the cash the seller actually receives, you may be...

Traditional Valuation Techniques May not Apply for an Information Technology Company Traditional Valuation Techniques May not Apply for an Information Technology Company Traditional Valuation Techniques May not Apply for an Information Technology Company Traditional Valuation Techniques May not Apply for an Information Technology Company

Traditional valuations work for the average business, but what about your information technology company? Perhaps it's time to consider...

7 Key Principles of Business Value 7 Key Principles of Business Value 7 Key Principles of Business Value 7 Key Principles of Business Value

Want to create value and wealth in your business? These key concepts explain exactly how to do it.

Think About the Long-Term for Maximizing Shareholder Value Think About the Long-Term for Maximizing Shareholder Value Think About the Long-Term for Maximizing Shareholder Value Think About the Long-Term for Maximizing Shareholder Value

Charles Smith shares his insights on how to maximize your company's shareholder value by focusing on some key points which add more value...

Pitfalls to Watch for in Professional Practice Mergers & Acquisitions Pitfalls to Watch for in Professional Practice Mergers & Acquisitions Pitfalls to Watch for in Professional Practice Mergers & Acquisitions Pitfalls to Watch for in Professional Practice Mergers & Acquisitions

You may only do one merger or acquisition in your life, but it will be one of the most important transactions of your life. Here are some...

To Grow or Sell Your IT Company - A Crossroads Decision To Grow or Sell Your IT Company - A Crossroads Decision To Grow or Sell Your IT Company - A Crossroads Decision To Grow or Sell Your IT Company - A Crossroads Decision

At some point as you grow your IT company, you'll reach a juncture where you need to decide whether to sell your company or grow it on your...

Private Equity Groups Can Recognize Strategic Value in a Tech Company Acquisition Private Equity Groups Can Recognize Strategic Value in a Tech Company Acquisition Private Equity Groups Can Recognize Strategic Value in a Tech Company Acquisition Private Equity Groups Can Recognize Strategic Value in a Tech Company Acquisition

Instead of lagging behind and losing out on attractive deals, PEGs have come around to a new strategy that allows them to contend with...

Four Steps to Establishing a Board in a Private Enterprise Four Steps to Establishing a Board in a Private Enterprise Four Steps to Establishing a Board in a Private Enterprise Four Steps to Establishing a Board in a Private Enterprise

Private enterprise benefits from utilizing a board of directors. What kind is up to you, but this article can help you decide which would...

Podcast: Preventative Valuations: How Doing a Valuation Early Impacts Your Sale Price, an Interview with John Carvalho Podcast: Preventative Valuations: How Doing a Valuation Early Impacts Your Sale Price, an Interview with John Carvalho Podcast: Preventative Valuations: How Doing a Valuation Early Impacts Your Sale Price, an Interview with John Carvalho Podcast: Preventative Valuations: How Doing a Valuation Early Impacts Your Sale Price, an Interview with John Carvalho

Why do the pros do business valuations three or more years before they're ready to sell? This Life After Business podcast showcases...

4 Ways to Unlock Cash in Working Capital 4 Ways to Unlock Cash in Working Capital 4 Ways to Unlock Cash in Working Capital 4 Ways to Unlock Cash in Working Capital

There is a better valuation waiting to happen for your company if you can show better working capital. Here are some tried and true methods...

7 Ways a Board Enhances Private Enterprise Value 7 Ways a Board Enhances Private Enterprise Value 7 Ways a Board Enhances Private Enterprise Value 7 Ways a Board Enhances Private Enterprise Value

Have you considered adding a board of directors to help you with all the various problems and opportunities that come up in business...

The Importance of Projections in Determining Business Value The Importance of Projections in Determining Business Value The Importance of Projections in Determining Business Value The Importance of Projections in Determining Business Value

It's no secret that valuations are a big part of the business selling process, and it's a critical step. Weighing future projections is a...

Four Simple Ways to Increase Your Business Value Four Simple Ways to Increase Your Business Value Four Simple Ways to Increase Your Business Value Four Simple Ways to Increase Your Business Value

Author and speaker of M&A and business finance, Brad Mewes, discusses four simple ways to increase your business value through organic...

What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth? What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth? What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth? What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth?

Figuring out what your electronic manufacturing business is worth is an important first step to entering the market. This article details...

What Is My Equipment Rental Business Worth? What Is My Equipment Rental Business Worth? What Is My Equipment Rental Business Worth? What Is My Equipment Rental Business Worth?

The best valuations to use when you need to know how much your company can sell for and the market comparisons you need to be doing before...

What Is My Chemical Manufacturing Plant Worth? What Is My Chemical Manufacturing Plant Worth? What Is My Chemical Manufacturing Plant Worth? What Is My Chemical Manufacturing Plant Worth?

A comprehensive look at the various factors that go into valuing and selling your chemical manufacturing plant.

What Is My Auto Repair Business Worth? What Is My Auto Repair Business Worth? What Is My Auto Repair Business Worth? What Is My Auto Repair Business Worth?

Do you know how much your shop is really worth? Have you done your valuation? This is the best strategy to get what you deserve out of your...

A Valuation Is Not Always the Best Way to Measure Value A Valuation Is Not Always the Best Way to Measure Value A Valuation Is Not Always the Best Way to Measure Value A Valuation Is Not Always the Best Way to Measure Value

Intangibles make up 80% of the value of the average business. Understanding these intangibles helps create a map of how different parts of...