Latest Week Before Closing Articles
Preventing Seller’s Remorse in a Mid-Market Deal
Successfully owning and growing a middle market business requires a great deal of work and commitment, and as a result, entrepreneurs can often find their companies...
Pitfalls to Watch for in Professional Practice Mergers & Acquisitions
Empirical evidence suggests that many small- to midsized professional practices are increasingly disintegrating into solo practices or getting merged into or acquired by...
By: Chak Reddy
Preparing for an Actual Increase in Purchase Price During Due Diligence
One of the things I like best about representing small business owners as an M&A advisor is that no two days are the same. Yes, deals have common elements, but it is...
By: Dave Kauppi
Avoiding the Exclusive Negotiations Trap
We often hear business owners say, “A competitor just approached me about buying my business. I’ll just sit down with him and cut a deal.” The assumption is that this...
By: Paris Aden
Subscribe To the Divestopedia Newsletter!
Stay on top of new content from Divestopedia.com. Join one of our email newsletters and get the latest insights about selling your business in your inbox every week.
- Business Valuations 101 - For Mid-Sized Business Owners
- Divestopedia’s M&A Fee Guide 2022 - 2023
- Purchase and Sale Agreement Considerations for Acquirers - Handouts
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP - Survey of Key M&A Middle Market Deal Terms
- Firmex’s M&A Fee Guide 2021 - 2022
- Your Guide to VC Funding
- Financial Services M&A: Consolidation & Innovation January 2021