Pre Sale

Let's face it. At some point in time all entrepreneurs will exit their business whether by choice or circumstance. Most company owners only think about the sale process when it's time to sell. That's too late. Learn everything you need to know about selling your business when you're not thinking about selling your business.  

Evolutionary Capital: Supporting Second Stage Companies and Their Leaders Evolutionary Capital: Supporting Second Stage Companies and Their Leaders Evolutionary Capital: Supporting Second Stage Companies and Their Leaders Evolutionary Capital: Supporting Second Stage Companies and Their Leaders

Evolutionary capital fits somewhere between venture capital and private equity in the second stage of a company’s growth. Although, only...

Podcast: 10 Impediments to Maximizing Exit Opportunities Podcast: 10 Impediments to Maximizing Exit Opportunities Podcast: 10 Impediments to Maximizing Exit Opportunities Podcast: 10 Impediments to Maximizing Exit Opportunities

There are a multitude of issues that could derail the sale of a business. In this podcast, we explore 10 impediments that can reduce the...

4 Steps to Partnering with a Private Equity Firm 4 Steps to Partnering with a Private Equity Firm 4 Steps to Partnering with a Private Equity Firm 4 Steps to Partnering with a Private Equity Firm

Thinking of selling your business to a private equity firm? Get an overview from Hadley Capital of the steps you'll be taking and how only...

Do Advisory Boards Increase Business Value? Do Advisory Boards Increase Business Value? Do Advisory Boards Increase Business Value? Do Advisory Boards Increase Business Value?

One of the most important elements of a great investment is getting the right people involved. Learn the elements of a great advisory board...

Finding the Right Investment Bank to Sell Your Business Finding the Right Investment Bank to Sell Your Business Finding the Right Investment Bank to Sell Your Business Finding the Right Investment Bank to Sell Your Business

Though you may have interacted with investment banks before, hiring the right one for a transaction that can represent the summation of...

How Selling to Private Equity Worked for Me How Selling to Private Equity Worked for Me How Selling to Private Equity Worked for Me How Selling to Private Equity Worked for Me

In this Q&A, we learn from an entrepreneur who built his business from scratch, grew it the old fashioned way by taking care of his...

Podcast: After Helping 500,000 Entrepreneurs, Jay Turo Has Advice for You Podcast: After Helping 500,000 Entrepreneurs, Jay Turo Has Advice for You Podcast: After Helping 500,000 Entrepreneurs, Jay Turo Has Advice for You Podcast: After Helping 500,000 Entrepreneurs, Jay Turo Has Advice for You

Growthink's co-founder and CEO, Jay Turo, provides a candid interview on best practices for strategy planning in lower mid-market...

The #1 Reason Business Sellers Leave Chips on the Table The #1 Reason Business Sellers Leave Chips on the Table The #1 Reason Business Sellers Leave Chips on the Table The #1 Reason Business Sellers Leave Chips on the Table

We asked seasoned exit planning professionals how to avoid leaving wealth behind when selling a company. Their answers educated and...

Questions and Answers with John K. Paglia, Ph.D. - A Divestopedia Exclusive Questions and Answers with John K. Paglia, Ph.D. - A Divestopedia Exclusive Questions and Answers with John K. Paglia, Ph.D. - A Divestopedia Exclusive Questions and Answers with John K. Paglia, Ph.D. - A Divestopedia Exclusive

In this article, we have a candid Q&A with John K. Paglia Ph.D. John gives us his thoughts on topics ranging from emotional preparation to...

Is Your Management Team the Right Exit Channel for You? Is Your Management Team the Right Exit Channel for You? Is Your Management Team the Right Exit Channel for You? Is Your Management Team the Right Exit Channel for You?

A management buy-out or buy-in can be an excellent alternative to selling your company. Here are three steps to help you evaluate if...

Find a Family Successor for Your Business Find a Family Successor for Your Business Find a Family Successor for Your Business Find a Family Successor for Your Business

A traditional estate or succession plan for a family or closely held business should encompass and be part of the estate plan, the...

An Estate Freeze Is Only the Tip of the Iceberg in Succession Planning An Estate Freeze Is Only the Tip of the Iceberg in Succession Planning An Estate Freeze Is Only the Tip of the Iceberg in Succession Planning An Estate Freeze Is Only the Tip of the Iceberg in Succession Planning

An estate freeze is just the tip of the iceberg in family business succession planning. Follow these best practices to prevent family...

When is the Best Time to Sell a Business? When is the Best Time to Sell a Business? When is the Best Time to Sell a Business? When is the Best Time to Sell a Business?

Internal and external factors are important considerations when selling a business. Here are issues you should think about when trying to...

Podcast: I've Helped Sell Over 100 Businesses; Here's My Advice Podcast: I've Helped Sell Over 100 Businesses; Here's My Advice Podcast: I've Helped Sell Over 100 Businesses; Here's My Advice Podcast: I've Helped Sell Over 100 Businesses; Here's My Advice

The sale process is the moment of truth when you convert all of your hard work into cold hard cash. Most entrepreneurs only get the chance...

Avoiding the Exclusive Negotiations Trap Avoiding the Exclusive Negotiations Trap Avoiding the Exclusive Negotiations Trap Avoiding the Exclusive Negotiations Trap

Competitive tension is essential to exert control over the sale process and present an enforceable timeline to bidders.

Podcast: A Guide to Building Family Legacy and Wealth Podcast: A Guide to Building Family Legacy and Wealth Podcast: A Guide to Building Family Legacy and Wealth Podcast: A Guide to Building Family Legacy and Wealth

Many middle market entrepreneurs work hard every day to build up their business value. This podcast takes a different spin and educates...

How to Find the Ever Elusive Proprietary Deal How to Find the Ever Elusive Proprietary Deal How to Find the Ever Elusive Proprietary Deal How to Find the Ever Elusive Proprietary Deal

Just like unicorns, Loch Ness monster and Bigfoot, proprietary deals are mythical creatures rarely encountered. So, just how can a PE firms...

How to Perform a Successful Competitor Analysis (and Use it to Your Advantage) to Maximize Value How to Perform a Successful Competitor Analysis (and Use it to Your Advantage) to Maximize Value How to Perform a Successful Competitor Analysis (and Use it to Your Advantage) to Maximize Value How to Perform a Successful Competitor Analysis (and Use it to Your Advantage) to Maximize Value

The results of a competitor analysis can ultimately help your business to maximize its value through the eyes of a potential acquirer....

Podcast: How to Increase the Probability of a Successful Exit Podcast: How to Increase the Probability of a Successful Exit Podcast: How to Increase the Probability of a Successful Exit Podcast: How to Increase the Probability of a Successful Exit

Have you defined what a successful exit actually looks like? Do you have a realistic goal for when you want to sell the company and how...