What can M&A professionals do to better leverage technology?
I think it's two things. So, you’ve got the sale-side and the buy-side. Two sides of the same coin with the M&A process. On the sale-side, we’re seeing a lot of bankers looking into automate and streamline the deal-marketing process. So, a lot of labour-intensive tasks in terms of the distribution, tracking of documents... traditionally an Excel-based process.
So, how can they accelerate and leverage tech to make that run more smoothly and gain better insights? On the buy-side, it’s really around embracing artificial intelligence (AI) and seeing if there are ways for them to gain better insights more quickly so that they can make better-informed decisions. Especially in this environment. So, I think both sides are looking at technology to try and improve how they do deals and adapt to the new environment.
Learn more about how technology can help improve your M&A process by visiting Intralinks.com
More Q&As from our experts
- Where has technology really improved the M&A process?
- What Are The First Steps to Take to Buy Out a Partner?
- How can a technology platform help with HR acquisition integration?
Subscribe To the Divestopedia Newsletter!
Stay on top of new content from Divestopedia.com. Join one of our email newsletters and get the latest insights about selling your business in your inbox every week.
- Purchase and Sale Agreement Considerations for Acquirers - Handouts
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP - Survey of Key M&A Middle Market Deal Terms
- Firmex’s M&A Fee Guide 2021 - 2022
- Your Guide to VC Funding
- Financial Services M&A: Consolidation & Innovation January 2021
- SS&C Intralinks® 2021 Corporate Restructuring Report
- SS&C Intralinks Deal Flow Predictor for Q1 2021