What can M&A professionals do to better leverage technology?
I think it's two things. So, you’ve got the sale-side and the buy-side. Two sides of the same coin with the M&A process. On the sale-side, we’re seeing a lot of bankers looking into automate and streamline the deal-marketing process. So, a lot of labour-intensive tasks in terms of the distribution, tracking of documents... traditionally an Excel-based process.
So, how can they accelerate and leverage tech to make that run more smoothly and gain better insights? On the buy-side, it’s really around embracing artificial intelligence (AI) and seeing if there are ways for them to gain better insights more quickly so that they can make better-informed decisions. Especially in this environment. So, I think both sides are looking at technology to try and improve how they do deals and adapt to the new environment.
Learn more about how technology can help improve your M&A process by visiting Intralinks.com
More Q&As from our experts
- Where has technology really improved the M&A process?
- How Do Private Equity Firms Differentiate Themselves?
- Does M&A Tech Disintermediate Investment Bankers?
Subscribe To the Divestopedia Newsletter!
Stay on top of new content from Divestopedia.com. Join one of our email newsletters and get the latest insights about selling your business in your inbox every week.
- Acquisition Workshop - Oct 28 12 PM EST
- Q3 2020 SS&C Intralinks Deal Flow Predictor: The Work From Home Issue
- [Free Whitepaper] Q3 2020 SS&C Intralinks Deal Flow Predictor: The Work From Home Issue
- Free Webinar | M&A Transactions in Uncertain Times | Thursday, May 28, 2020 1:00 PM (ET)
- Upcoming Free Webinar | M&A Transactions in Uncertain Times | Thursday, May 28, 2020 1:00 PM (ET)