Derek van der Plaat
In 2000, Derek co-founded a digital media company called Moontaxi Media Inc., which, by way of a partnership with Microsoft's Windows Media group, grew to become a leading internet broadcast network. In 2003, now known as Puretracks, the company was the first in Canada to legally sell music online in association with the recording industry and leading distribution partners such as TELUS, MSN and AOL. From 2006 to 2010, Derek participated in a number of companies in the mobile content, marketing and video game sectors as well as provided corporate finance advisory services as a Principal of DVP Capital. During this time Derek completed numerous financings and acquisitions. Derek has served on the Board of Directors for public and private companies. Derek holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree from McGill University, a Masters Degree in Business Administration from Concordia University and is a Chartered Financial Analyst.
- Jan27 Acquire or Be Acquired
- Jan30 The Art of M&A for Divestments & Carve-Outs -- January 2018
- Feb08 New Tech Mergers and Acquisitions Conference: How to Maximize Value in Selling Your Business
- Feb23 3rd Mergers and Acquisitions in the Technology Sector Conference
- Mar07 The 11th Annual Women's Private Equity Summit