Derek van der Plaat
In 2000, Derek co-founded a digital media company called Moontaxi Media Inc., which, by way of a partnership with Microsoft's Windows Media group, grew to become a leading internet broadcast network. In 2003, now known as Puretracks, the company was the first in Canada to legally sell music online in association with the recording industry and leading distribution partners such as TELUS, MSN and AOL. From 2006 to 2010, Derek participated in a number of companies in the mobile content, marketing and video game sectors as well as provided corporate finance advisory services as a Principal of DVP Capital. During this time Derek completed numerous financings and acquisitions. Derek has served on the Board of Directors for public and private companies. Derek holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree from McGill University, a Masters Degree in Business Administration from Concordia University and is a Chartered Financial Analyst.
- Oct17 How to Measure Your Results (Metrics & Scorecards)
- Nov02 Asia Pacific Mergers and Acquisitions Conference
- Nov22 Team Play (Involving Key Parties)
- Dec13 Your Investment (Time is Money)
- Jan15 M&A Practice Series: Best Practices to Manage and Grow Your M&A Business