Valuation

The valuation of a company is a subjective excercise that depends on numerous factors. Potential buyers will try to beat down your valuation every chance they get. This section will arm you with the tools needed to defend your valuation when it's time to sell.

Four Simple Ways to Increase Your Business Value Four Simple Ways to Increase Your Business Value Four Simple Ways to Increase Your Business Value Four Simple Ways to Increase Your Business Value

Author and speaker of M&A and business finance, Brad Mewes, discusses four simple ways to increase your business value through organic...

How to Structure the Right Investment Banking Engagement Letter How to Structure the Right Investment Banking Engagement Letter How to Structure the Right Investment Banking Engagement Letter How to Structure the Right Investment Banking Engagement Letter

If you need an investment banking engagement letter, you need to know what to include and how to word it. Here are the critical terms of...

The Only Valuation Method that Really Matters The Only Valuation Method that Really Matters The Only Valuation Method that Really Matters The Only Valuation Method that Really Matters

There are many ways to do a business valuation, but is it the right one? For most buyers, there's only one business valuation that matters:...

The Value of a Valuation The Value of a Valuation The Value of a Valuation The Value of a Valuation

The best valuations cover all the basis. Are you getting the best? Find out what nuances are often overlooked in a business valuation and...

Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation? Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation? Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation? Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation?

Your accountant is willing to do the valuation of your business, but should you be willing to let them? Here are some of the main reasons...

What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth? What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth? What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth? What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth?

Figuring out what your electronic manufacturing business is worth is an important first step to entering the market. This article details...

What Is My Equipment Rental Business Worth? What Is My Equipment Rental Business Worth? What Is My Equipment Rental Business Worth? What Is My Equipment Rental Business Worth?

The best valuations to use when you need to know how much your company can sell for and the market comparisons you need to be doing before...

Business Development Is Vital to Success Business Development Is Vital to Success Business Development Is Vital to Success Business Development Is Vital to Success

One of the best ways to increase the productivity and value of your business is by hiring the right business developers. This article takes...

What Is My Concrete Business Worth? What Is My Concrete Business Worth? What Is My Concrete Business Worth? What Is My Concrete Business Worth?

What is the best way to evaluate your concrete business' worth in today's market? Explore the information in this article to give yourself...

What Is My Chemical Manufacturing Plant Worth? What Is My Chemical Manufacturing Plant Worth? What Is My Chemical Manufacturing Plant Worth? What Is My Chemical Manufacturing Plant Worth?

A comprehensive look at the various factors that go into valuing and selling your chemical manufacturing plant

What Is My Auto Repair Business Worth? What Is My Auto Repair Business Worth? What Is My Auto Repair Business Worth? What Is My Auto Repair Business Worth?

Do you know how much your shop is really worth? Have you done your valuation? This is the best strategy to get what you deserve out of your...

Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 4: The 'Ask Price') Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 4: The 'Ask Price') Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 4: The 'Ask Price') Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 4: The 'Ask Price')

M&A professional, Bill Snow, continues to answer the question, “How do I hire a good investment banker?” in Part 4 of this article series...

7 Reasons Your Business Isn't Worth What You Think It's Worth 7 Reasons Your Business Isn't Worth What You Think It's Worth 7 Reasons Your Business Isn't Worth What You Think It's Worth 7 Reasons Your Business Isn't Worth What You Think It's Worth

Business owner sometimes have lofty expectations on the value of their companies. Here are reasons why these expectations might not be...

5 Types of Business Insurance That Maximize Value 5 Types of Business Insurance That Maximize Value 5 Types of Business Insurance That Maximize Value 5 Types of Business Insurance That Maximize Value

Different types of insurance for small and medium-sized businesses can not only provide you with the support you need in the event an issue...

Forget About Business Value. What Are My Net Cash Proceeds?! Forget About Business Value. What Are My Net Cash Proceeds?! Forget About Business Value. What Are My Net Cash Proceeds?! Forget About Business Value. What Are My Net Cash Proceeds?!

Understanding the value of your business is important, but even more important is determining the amount of cash that will land in your...

Why the Next 180 Days Are Significant When Preparing to Sell Your Business Why the Next 180 Days Are Significant When Preparing to Sell Your Business Why the Next 180 Days Are Significant When Preparing to Sell Your Business Why the Next 180 Days Are Significant When Preparing to Sell Your Business

When business owners are preparing to sell, the next 180 days is a critical time period to execute all significant changes that may be...

What Your Supply Chain Business Is Really Worth What Your Supply Chain Business Is Really Worth What Your Supply Chain Business Is Really Worth What Your Supply Chain Business Is Really Worth

Jock Purtle, owner of digitalexits.com, explains the types of valuations to consider, the average multiple that supply chain businesses are...

5 Approaches to Generating a Track Record for a Winning Valuation 5 Approaches to Generating a Track Record for a Winning Valuation 5 Approaches to Generating a Track Record for a Winning Valuation 5 Approaches to Generating a Track Record for a Winning Valuation

A company’s financial track record is one of the fundamental drivers of value. Learn five simple approaches you can take to start growing...

Preparing for an Actual Increase in Purchase Price During Due Diligence Preparing for an Actual Increase in Purchase Price During Due Diligence Preparing for an Actual Increase in Purchase Price During Due Diligence Preparing for an Actual Increase in Purchase Price During Due Diligence

It's a common concern for business sellers that their price will be knocked down as a result of what's discovered during the due diligence...