John is president and founder of Stone Oak Capital Inc., an M&A advisory firm. For more than a decade, John has served his clients on numerous valuation, acquisition and divestiture assignments in a wide variety of industries. John holds the Corporate Finance designation, is a Chartered Business Valuator and a Chartered Accountant. He is also a member of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG).
Recent Articles by John Carvalho
All Articles by John Carvalho
- EBITDA Engineering Before Selling a Business
- Maintaining Confidentiality Versus Maximizing Price
- 3 Simple Ways to Start an Exit Plan in 2017
- When Selling Your Business, What Sale Process Is Best?
- 5 Criteria to Consider Before Choosing the Right Investment Banker
- 7 Reasons Your Business Isn't Worth What You Think It's Worth
- Forget About Business Value. What Are My Net Cash Proceeds?!
- Empire Builders' Tips to Acquiring Mid-market Businesses
- Understanding Return on Equity for Privately Owned Businesses
- Deal Structures Through the Eyes of an Acquirer
- 'Best of Breed': An Aggressive Valuation Strategy for the Best Mid-Market Businesses
- How Middle Market Business Acquisitions Are Financed
- Top 10 Buzzwords to Use When Talking to Private Equity
- Competitive Analysis: The No.1 Way to Impress Prospective Buyers
- 3 Principles Successful M&A Deals Have in Common
- 10 Steps to Create a Simple Business Valuation Template in Excel
- Venture Capital Experts to Follow on Twitter
- Why Do Deals Fall Apart? - An Advisor's Perspective (Part 3)
- Why Do Deals Fall Apart? - A Private Equity Perspective (Part 2)
- The Basics of Mezzanine Financing
- Why Do Deals Fall Apart? A Private Equity Perspective
- 7 Key Principles of Business Value
- 5 Tall Tales Entrepreneurs Tell to Bolster Business Value
- Investment Bankers: No, We're Not Villains
- 5 Things Running Taught Me About Building a Valuable Business
- Magic Tricks to Help You Get the Valuation You Want
- How to Increase the Value of Your Business - Even If You're Not Selling
- Private Equity Recapitalization: Sell Your Business Twice!
- Do You Know What Your Company Is Worth?
- Diversifying Without Selling Your Business
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The way to become rich is to put all your eggs in one basket and then watch that basket.