John is president and founder of Stone Oak Capital Inc., an M&A advisory firm. For more than a decade, John has served his clients on numerous valuation, acquisition and divestiture assignments in a wide variety of industries, but is now focused on companies in oil & gas service, manufacturing and other industrial service sectors. John holds the Corporate Finance designation, is a Chartered Business Valuator and a Chartered Accountant. He is also a member of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG).
Recent Articles by John Carvalho
All Articles by John Carvalho
- 5 Criteria to Consider Before Choosing the Right Investment Banker
- 7 Reasons Your Business Isn't Worth What You Think It's Worth
- Forget About Business Value. What Are My Net Cash Proceeds?!
- Empire Builders' Tips to Acquiring Mid-market Businesses
- Understanding Return on Equity for Privately Owned Businesses
- Deal Structures Through the Eyes of an Acquirer
- 'Best of Breed': An Aggressive Valuation Strategy for the Best Mid-Market Businesses
- How Middle Market Business Acquisitions Are Financed
- Top 10 Buzzwords to Use When Talking to Private Equity
- Competitive Analysis: The No.1 Way to Impress Prospective Buyers
- 3 Principles Successful M&A Deals Have in Common
- 10 Steps to Create a Simple Business Valuation Template in Excel
- Venture Capital Experts to Follow on Twitter
- Why Do Deals Fall Apart? - An Advisor's Perspective (Part 3)
- Why Do Deals Fall Apart? - A Private Equity Perspective (Part 2)
- The Basics of Mezzanine Financing
- Why Do Deals Fall Apart? A Private Equity Perspective
- 7 Key Principles of Business Value
- 5 Tall Tales Entrepreneurs Tell to Bolster Business Value
- Investment Bankers: No, We're Not Villains
- 5 Things Running Taught Me About Building a Valuable Business
- Magic Tricks to Help You Get the Valuation You Want
- How to Increase the Value of Your Business - Even If You're Not Selling
- When Selling Your Business, Don't Waste a Buyer's Time
- Private Equity Recapitalization: Sell Your Business Twice!
- Do You Know What Your Company Is Worth?
- Diversifying Without Selling Your Business
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.