Maximize Value

If you're like most entrepreneurs, a significant portion of your net worth is tied up in your business. In this section, learn about financial and qualitiative techniques available to ensure the value of your nest egg is maximized well before deciding to sell.

What is a Family Office? What is a Family Office? What is a Family Office? What is a Family Office?

This interview with Richard Wilson who founded the Family Office Club will provide you with all the information you need about family...

Acquisition Strategy Success Points Acquisition Strategy Success Points Acquisition Strategy Success Points Acquisition Strategy Success Points

Acquisition strategies should be followed and referenced throughout the process. From time to time you may be tempted to go against your...

How the Best M&A Advisors Deliver How the Best M&A Advisors Deliver How the Best M&A Advisors Deliver How the Best M&A Advisors Deliver

Selling your business is a one-time event. Hiring someone who has facilitated many business sales is the best way to get the best bang for...

7 Ways a Board Enhances Private Enterprise Value 7 Ways a Board Enhances Private Enterprise Value 7 Ways a Board Enhances Private Enterprise Value 7 Ways a Board Enhances Private Enterprise Value

Have you considered adding a board of directors to help you with all the various problems and opportunities that come up in business...

Buy-Side M&A Strategy Success Buy-Side M&A Strategy Success Buy-Side M&A Strategy Success Buy-Side M&A Strategy Success

While it is important to carefully consider your options when buying a business, sometimes you need to take a risk and purchase something...

10 Brand Architecture Strategies After M&A 10 Brand Architecture Strategies After M&A 10 Brand Architecture Strategies After M&A 10 Brand Architecture Strategies After M&A

Have you considered your branding strategy, post-acquisition? What your brand says to your customer base directly impacts the potential of...

Who Is the Right Buyer for Your Business? Who Is the Right Buyer for Your Business? Who Is the Right Buyer for Your Business? Who Is the Right Buyer for Your Business?

When it comes time to sell your company, you will need to carefully select your buyer to ensure both the best price for your hard work and...

Four Simple Ways to Increase Your Business Value Four Simple Ways to Increase Your Business Value Four Simple Ways to Increase Your Business Value Four Simple Ways to Increase Your Business Value

Author and speaker of M&A and business finance, Brad Mewes, discusses four simple ways to increase your business value through organic...

Excessive or Expected Costs: What SG&A Can Tell You About Your Business Excessive or Expected Costs: What SG&A Can Tell You About Your Business Excessive or Expected Costs: What SG&A Can Tell You About Your Business Excessive or Expected Costs: What SG&A Can Tell You About Your Business

Expenses are a normal cost of doing business, but how much is too much? Are you overpaying on taxes because you are unsure how to manage...

What Role Does Your Brand Play in a Successful M&A? What Role Does Your Brand Play in a Successful M&A? What Role Does Your Brand Play in a Successful M&A? What Role Does Your Brand Play in a Successful M&A?

Brand strength and value is often overlooked during a merger and acquisition. However, brands carry a lot of value and influence how...

Key Ingredients to Making M&A Brand Decisions Key Ingredients to Making M&A Brand Decisions Key Ingredients to Making M&A Brand Decisions Key Ingredients to Making M&A Brand Decisions

There are many factors to consider when finalizing the resulting new brand (or re-branding) from a merger and acquisition. This article...

Building Value Is the Win-Win-Win of Exit Planning Building Value Is the Win-Win-Win of Exit Planning Building Value Is the Win-Win-Win of Exit Planning Building Value Is the Win-Win-Win of Exit Planning

The best way to build value for your business sale is to make sure you, the business owner, are not an integral part of the sale....

What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth? What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth? What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth? What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth?

Figuring out what your electronic manufacturing business is worth is an important first step to entering the market. This article details...

EBITDA Engineering Before Selling a Business EBITDA Engineering Before Selling a Business EBITDA Engineering Before Selling a Business EBITDA Engineering Before Selling a Business

Take control of your financial statement by learning how accounting policies can positively impact EBITDA

How Business Sales Are Best Strategized, Conducted and Consummated How Business Sales Are Best Strategized, Conducted and Consummated How Business Sales Are Best Strategized, Conducted and Consummated How Business Sales Are Best Strategized, Conducted and Consummated

This article follows-up on the Divestopedia article 'When Selling Your Business, What Sale Process Is Best?' with a focus on the often...

What Drives the Value of Your Business? What Drives the Value of Your Business? What Drives the Value of Your Business? What Drives the Value of Your Business?

When it comes to the value of your business, no one knows better than you -- right? Well, just in case, here is a comprehensive look at a...

Business Development Is Vital to Success Business Development Is Vital to Success Business Development Is Vital to Success Business Development Is Vital to Success

One of the best ways to increase the productivity and value of your business is by hiring the right business developers. This article takes...

What Is My Concrete Business Worth? What Is My Concrete Business Worth? What Is My Concrete Business Worth? What Is My Concrete Business Worth?

What is the best way to evaluate your concrete business' worth in today's market? Explore the information in this article to give yourself...

What Is My Chemical Manufacturing Plant Worth? What Is My Chemical Manufacturing Plant Worth? What Is My Chemical Manufacturing Plant Worth? What Is My Chemical Manufacturing Plant Worth?

A comprehensive look at the various factors that go into valuing and selling your chemical manufacturing plant