Confidential Information Memorandum (CIM)
Definition - What does Confidential Information Memorandum (CIM) mean?
A CIM, also referred to as the "book" will typically include the following:
- A detailed description of the business and its operations;
- A summary of the industry and opportunities within the market;
- Financial information including analysis of historical results and future projections; and
- A summary of the auction process including the proposed structure of the deal and timing for receipts of expressions of interest or letters of intent.
Divestopedia explains Confidential Information Memorandum (CIM)
Areas that should be described in detail include:
- Customer diversification;
- Barriers to entry from competitors;
- Ability and plan to achieve future projections;
- Future growth opportunities;
- Strength of management team;
- Scalibility of operations; and
- Opportunities in the external market place.