Company Premium

MBO, private equity MBO, private equity MBO, private equity MBO, private equity

Selling a business to a private equity group brings opportunity but also uncertainty for the existing management team. Learn the various...

due diligence, operations due diligence due diligence, operations due diligence due diligence, operations due diligence due diligence, operations due diligence

There are three facets to due diligence: legal, financial and operational. You likely know all about the first two, but what do you know...

convertible bond, debt convertible bond, debt convertible bond, debt convertible bond, debt

Finding a way to get the maximum valuation possible for your business when you're ready to sell is a challenge faced by every business...

risk-adjusted, risk-free rate, valuation, private company risk-adjusted, risk-free rate, valuation, private company risk-adjusted, risk-free rate, valuation, private company risk-adjusted, risk-free rate, valuation, private company

Private companies are valued based on a multiple of EBITDA, with the multiple typically being lower because they are considered riskier...

increase value, grow value, valuation increase value, grow value, valuation increase value, grow value, valuation increase value, grow value, valuation

It can be hard to focus on increasing the value of your business if you have no immediate intention of selling, but putting the work in...

family wealth transfer, wealth transfer, family business family wealth transfer, wealth transfer, family business family wealth transfer, wealth transfer, family business family wealth transfer, wealth transfer, family business

High net worth families have unique transfer challenges when it comes to preserving wealth and improving the business transition experience...

strategic planning, exit strategy, strategy strategic planning, exit strategy, strategy strategic planning, exit strategy, strategy strategic planning, exit strategy, strategy

Strategic planning can be a simple enough process to start. Use these three questions to get yourself positioned to increase business value.

goodwill, intangible asset goodwill, intangible asset goodwill, intangible asset goodwill, intangible asset

Never underestimate the value of goodwill. Learn how goodwill can have a positive impact on your business valuation and also on your bottom...

Add Value to Your Business with Systems and Brand Add Value to Your Business with Systems and Brand Add Value to Your Business with Systems and Brand Add Value to Your Business with Systems and Brand

An outside buyer will see your company as a less risky, more appealing acquisition if they can see how it would run without you, the owner....

5 Tall Tales Entrepreneurs Tell to Bolster Business Value 5 Tall Tales Entrepreneurs Tell to Bolster Business Value 5 Tall Tales Entrepreneurs Tell to Bolster Business Value 5 Tall Tales Entrepreneurs Tell to Bolster Business Value

Business owners come up with all kinds of stories to support an unrealistically high value for their business. The problem is, most of...

exit planning exit planning exit planning exit planning

Baseball and business have more in common than you'd think. Everyone wants to hit 'it' out of the park. Here's how to crush what's coming...

A Visual Framework for Business Valuation A Visual Framework for Business Valuation A Visual Framework for Business Valuation A Visual Framework for Business Valuation

Tim Vipond of Corporate Finance Institute offers a visual aide that he's created to help you better understand business valuations and how...

5 Things Running Taught Me About Building a Valuable Business 5 Things Running Taught Me About Building a Valuable Business 5 Things Running Taught Me About Building a Valuable Business 5 Things Running Taught Me About Building a Valuable Business

Think running and business have nothing in common? Think again. Here are five things I learned from running that can help you build a more...

M&A, M&A advisor M&A, M&A advisor M&A, M&A advisor M&A, M&A advisor

Where does the M&A advisor add value? A survey conducted by High Rock Partners, Inc., provides insight into what functions performed by M&A...

buyer, potential buyer buyer, potential buyer buyer, potential buyer buyer, potential buyer

There are hundreds of buyers out there, so why can it be so hard to close a deal? This article outlines 5 misconceptions that can keep...

Who Will Pay More for My Company - A Strategic or Financial Buyer? Who Will Pay More for My Company - A Strategic or Financial Buyer? Who Will Pay More for My Company - A Strategic or Financial Buyer? Who Will Pay More for My Company - A Strategic or Financial Buyer?

There are fundamentally two types of buyers, strategic and financial, and each one is different in its own way. Learn which buyer is more...

customer diversity customer diversity customer diversity customer diversity

Do you have a few large clients who drive all your sales revenue? What happens if one goes under? Having a larger portfolio of clients...

strategic sale, strategic buyer, strategic seller strategic sale, strategic buyer, strategic seller strategic sale, strategic buyer, strategic seller strategic sale, strategic buyer, strategic seller

The best time to put your software company on the market is when your largest competitors are buying. By forcing your competitors to bid...

barriers to entry barriers to entry barriers to entry barriers to entry

Understanding barriers to entry and how they can positively impact your business' value is vital to staying competitive and current in the...