Multiple

What Your Supply Chain Business Is Really Worth What Your Supply Chain Business Is Really Worth What Your Supply Chain Business Is Really Worth What Your Supply Chain Business Is Really Worth

Jock Purtle, owner of digitalexits.com, explains the types of valuations to consider, the average multiple that supply chain businesses are...

Six Critical KPIs That Drive Business Value in the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Six Critical KPIs That Drive Business Value in the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Six Critical KPIs That Drive Business Value in the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Six Critical KPIs That Drive Business Value in the Automotive Aftermarket Industry

Drilling down to the nuts and bolts of financial management analysis offers significant insight on driving business value.

5 All Too Common Balance Sheet Red Flags That Could Impact Salability 5 All Too Common Balance Sheet Red Flags That Could Impact Salability 5 All Too Common Balance Sheet Red Flags That Could Impact Salability 5 All Too Common Balance Sheet Red Flags That Could Impact Salability

Taking a hard look at your balance sheet will help identify potential red flags that could send a buyer running the other way.

Podcast: Acquisition Growth Strategies for Middle Market Companies Podcast: Acquisition Growth Strategies for Middle Market Companies Podcast: Acquisition Growth Strategies for Middle Market Companies Podcast: Acquisition Growth Strategies for Middle Market Companies

Podcast with John Bly, author of 'Cracking the Code: An Entrepreneur’s Guide to Growing Your Business Through Mergers and Acquisitions for...

The Initial Price May Not Be Real The Initial Price May Not Be Real The Initial Price May Not Be Real The Initial Price May Not Be Real

“The Due Diligence Grind” is often practiced by sophisticated acquirers to reduce the purchase price of a business, by citing negative...

'Best of Breed': An Aggressive Valuation Strategy for the Best Mid-Market Businesses 'Best of Breed': An Aggressive Valuation Strategy for the Best Mid-Market Businesses 'Best of Breed': An Aggressive Valuation Strategy for the Best Mid-Market Businesses 'Best of Breed': An Aggressive Valuation Strategy for the Best Mid-Market Businesses

The best companies can't always be compared to their peers. That's where the best of breed strategy comes in. Find out how it's used in...

Podcast: Micro Private Equity: The Art of Acquiring Small Businesses Podcast: Micro Private Equity: The Art of Acquiring Small Businesses Podcast: Micro Private Equity: The Art of Acquiring Small Businesses Podcast: Micro Private Equity: The Art of Acquiring Small Businesses

Learn about the opportunities present in micro private equity. Deal structuring will be an important skill for young entrepreneurs looking...

Simple Test to See if Your Business Will Attract a Premium Valuation Simple Test to See if Your Business Will Attract a Premium Valuation Simple Test to See if Your Business Will Attract a Premium Valuation Simple Test to See if Your Business Will Attract a Premium Valuation

Answering these simple 15 questions can be a predictor if your company will be sold at a premium.

'I Sold My Business at 10X Multiple.' A Multiple of What (and When)? 'I Sold My Business at 10X Multiple.' A Multiple of What (and When)? 'I Sold My Business at 10X Multiple.' A Multiple of What (and When)? 'I Sold My Business at 10X Multiple.' A Multiple of What (and When)?

How many times have you heard that a company sold for a big multiple? Have you ever wondered what this multiple refers to? This article...

EBIT or EBITDA? Sometimes the DA in EBITDA Really Does Matter EBIT or EBITDA? Sometimes the DA in EBITDA Really Does Matter EBIT or EBITDA? Sometimes the DA in EBITDA Really Does Matter EBIT or EBITDA? Sometimes the DA in EBITDA Really Does Matter

Cashflow metrics, like EBITDA, EBIT and FCF, are often thrown around interchangeably. But there can be big differences in each of these...

10 Steps to Create a Simple Business Valuation Template in Excel 10 Steps to Create a Simple Business Valuation Template in Excel 10 Steps to Create a Simple Business Valuation Template in Excel 10 Steps to Create a Simple Business Valuation Template in Excel

Determining the value of your business is the starting point to building value. Here’s how to set up a simple valuation template in excel.

7 Key Principles of Business Value 7 Key Principles of Business Value 7 Key Principles of Business Value 7 Key Principles of Business Value

Want to create value and wealth in your business? These key concepts explain exactly how to do it.

Magic Tricks to Help You Get the Valuation You Want Magic Tricks to Help You Get the Valuation You Want Magic Tricks to Help You Get the Valuation You Want Magic Tricks to Help You Get the Valuation You Want

Valuing a company is more black magic than science. These tricks will help you get the highest possible price.