Enterprise Value

Preventative Valuations: How Doing a Valuation Early Impacts Your Sale Price Preventative Valuations: How Doing a Valuation Early Impacts Your Sale Price Preventative Valuations: How Doing a Valuation Early Impacts Your Sale Price Preventative Valuations: How Doing a Valuation Early Impacts Your Sale Price

Why do the pros do business valuations three or more years before they're ready to sell? This Life After Business podcast showcases...

7 Ways a Board Enhances Private Enterprise Value 7 Ways a Board Enhances Private Enterprise Value 7 Ways a Board Enhances Private Enterprise Value 7 Ways a Board Enhances Private Enterprise Value

Have you considered adding a board of directors to help you with all the various problems and opportunities that come up in business...

Four Simple Ways to Increase Your Business Value Four Simple Ways to Increase Your Business Value Four Simple Ways to Increase Your Business Value Four Simple Ways to Increase Your Business Value

Author and speaker of M&A and business finance, Brad Mewes, discusses four simple ways to increase your business value through organic...

What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth? What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth? What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth? What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth?

Figuring out what your electronic manufacturing business is worth is an important first step to entering the market. This article details...

What Is My Equipment Rental Business Worth? What Is My Equipment Rental Business Worth? What Is My Equipment Rental Business Worth? What Is My Equipment Rental Business Worth?

The best valuations to use when you need to know how much your company can sell for and the market comparisons you need to be doing before...

What Is My Chemical Manufacturing Plant Worth? What Is My Chemical Manufacturing Plant Worth? What Is My Chemical Manufacturing Plant Worth? What Is My Chemical Manufacturing Plant Worth?

A comprehensive look at the various factors that go into valuing and selling your chemical manufacturing plant

What Is My Auto Repair Business Worth? What Is My Auto Repair Business Worth? What Is My Auto Repair Business Worth? What Is My Auto Repair Business Worth?

Do you know how much your shop is really worth? Have you done your valuation? This is the best strategy to get what you deserve out of your...

7 Reasons Your Business Isn't Worth What You Think It's Worth 7 Reasons Your Business Isn't Worth What You Think It's Worth 7 Reasons Your Business Isn't Worth What You Think It's Worth 7 Reasons Your Business Isn't Worth What You Think It's Worth

Business owner sometimes have lofty expectations on the value of their companies. Here are reasons why these expectations might not be...

5 Types of Business Insurance That Maximize Value 5 Types of Business Insurance That Maximize Value 5 Types of Business Insurance That Maximize Value 5 Types of Business Insurance That Maximize Value

Different types of insurance for small and medium-sized businesses can not only provide you with the support you need in the event an issue...

Forget About Business Value. What Are My Net Cash Proceeds?! Forget About Business Value. What Are My Net Cash Proceeds?! Forget About Business Value. What Are My Net Cash Proceeds?! Forget About Business Value. What Are My Net Cash Proceeds?!

Understanding the value of your business is important, but even more important is determining the amount of cash that will land in your...

What Your Supply Chain Business Is Really Worth What Your Supply Chain Business Is Really Worth What Your Supply Chain Business Is Really Worth What Your Supply Chain Business Is Really Worth

Jock Purtle, owner of digitalexits.com, explains the types of valuations to consider, the average multiple that supply chain businesses are...

A Visual Framework for Business Valuation A Visual Framework for Business Valuation A Visual Framework for Business Valuation A Visual Framework for Business Valuation

Tim Vipond of Corporate Finance Institute offers a visual aide here that he's created to help better understand business valuations and how...

Comparing Comparables: The Problem with Transactional Data Comparing Comparables: The Problem with Transactional Data Comparing Comparables: The Problem with Transactional Data Comparing Comparables: The Problem with Transactional Data

George Abraham of Business Evaluation Systems explains the Direct Market Data Method and the issues facing transactional data from the top...

A Calculation of Value Report and an Appraisal...There is a Difference A Calculation of Value Report and an Appraisal...There is a Difference A Calculation of Value Report and an Appraisal...There is a Difference A Calculation of Value Report and an Appraisal...There is a Difference

George Abraham of Business Evaluation Systems explains what a calculation of value report is and how it differs from an appraisal. Knowing...

Venture Capital Alternative for the IT Entrepreneur Venture Capital Alternative for the IT Entrepreneur Venture Capital Alternative for the IT Entrepreneur Venture Capital Alternative for the IT Entrepreneur

MidMarket Capital, Inc. explains their "smart equity" model and how it can serve both small entrepreneurial firms looking for an investment...

For High-Tech M&A, Strategic Value is Not Automatic For High-Tech M&A, Strategic Value is Not Automatic For High-Tech M&A, Strategic Value is Not Automatic For High-Tech M&A, Strategic Value is Not Automatic

Dave Kauppi, president of MidMarket Capital, Inc., describes his recent experience in helping a health care information system company get...

11 Reasons to Use Earnouts in the Sale of Your Company (Part 2) 11 Reasons to Use Earnouts in the Sale of Your Company (Part 2) 11 Reasons to Use Earnouts in the Sale of Your Company (Part 2) 11 Reasons to Use Earnouts in the Sale of Your Company (Part 2)

Dave Kauppi, M&A advisor with MidMarket Capital, Inc., gives five more reasons out of 11 why earnouts should be considered when selling...

Evolutionary Capital: Supporting Second Stage Companies and Their Leaders Evolutionary Capital: Supporting Second Stage Companies and Their Leaders Evolutionary Capital: Supporting Second Stage Companies and Their Leaders Evolutionary Capital: Supporting Second Stage Companies and Their Leaders

Evolutionary capital fits somewhere between venture capital and private equity in the second stage of a company’s growth. Although, only...

Valuing the Growth Rate in the Sale of a Technology Company Valuing the Growth Rate in the Sale of a Technology Company Valuing the Growth Rate in the Sale of a Technology Company Valuing the Growth Rate in the Sale of a Technology Company

David Kauppi from MidMarket Capital calculates an adjustment factor for valuations between publicly traded and privately held companies,...