Enterprise Value

3 Principles Successful M&A Deals Have in Common 3 Principles Successful M&A Deals Have in Common 3 Principles Successful M&A Deals Have in Common 3 Principles Successful M&A Deals Have in Common

Every deal has its own unique challenges, but just about every successful deal has three key elements in common. Find out what they are...

investing, IPO investing, IPO investing, IPO investing, IPO

Public and private companies are valued differently by the types of buyers who want to acquire them. Take some lessons from Roger Sippl of...

A Visual Framework for Business Valuation A Visual Framework for Business Valuation A Visual Framework for Business Valuation A Visual Framework for Business Valuation

Tim Vipond of Corporate Finance Institute offers a visual aide that he's created to help you better understand business valuations and how...

value gap, earnout value gap, earnout value gap, earnout value gap, earnout

Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of earnouts and how best to structure the terms in order to achieve the goals of both buyer...

Magic Tricks to Help You Get the Valuation You Want Magic Tricks to Help You Get the Valuation You Want Magic Tricks to Help You Get the Valuation You Want Magic Tricks to Help You Get the Valuation You Want

What witchcraft is this? Let us share three magic tricks to get you the valuation your company deserves.

5 Value Creation Techniques in Roll-Ups 5 Value Creation Techniques in Roll-Ups 5 Value Creation Techniques in Roll-Ups 5 Value Creation Techniques in Roll-Ups

Roll-ups can be difficult to execute. However, when they are done correctly, they can deliver value to a company seller twice - once when...

recast EBITDA recast EBITDA recast EBITDA recast EBITDA

Recasting EBITDA removes expenses that would not be incurred by a new owner. However, business sellers get carried away with the process...

'I Sold My Business at 10X Multiple.' A Multiple of What (and When)? 'I Sold My Business at 10X Multiple.' A Multiple of What (and When)? 'I Sold My Business at 10X Multiple.' A Multiple of What (and When)? 'I Sold My Business at 10X Multiple.' A Multiple of What (and When)?

How many times have you heard that a company sold for a big multiple? Have you ever wondered what this multiple refers to? This article...

Who Will Pay More for My Company - A Strategic or Financial Buyer? Who Will Pay More for My Company - A Strategic or Financial Buyer? Who Will Pay More for My Company - A Strategic or Financial Buyer? Who Will Pay More for My Company - A Strategic or Financial Buyer?

There are fundamentally two types of buyers, strategic and financial, and each one is different in its own way. Learn which buyer is more...

barriers to entry barriers to entry barriers to entry barriers to entry

Understanding barriers to entry and how they can positively impact your business' value is vital to staying competitive and current in the...

Do You Know What Your Company Is Worth? Do You Know What Your Company Is Worth? Do You Know What Your Company Is Worth? Do You Know What Your Company Is Worth?

Having a proper understanding of the value of your company - despite the fact that banks, shareholders and government agencies never ask...

Why Enterprise Value Doesn't Tell the Whole Story About a Company's Worth Why Enterprise Value Doesn't Tell the Whole Story About a Company's Worth Why Enterprise Value Doesn't Tell the Whole Story About a Company's Worth Why Enterprise Value Doesn't Tell the Whole Story About a Company's Worth

Enterprise value sounds flashy when you see those big numbers posted, but if you look at the cash the seller actually receives, you may be...

Traditional Valuation Techniques May not Apply for an Information Technology Company Traditional Valuation Techniques May not Apply for an Information Technology Company Traditional Valuation Techniques May not Apply for an Information Technology Company Traditional Valuation Techniques May not Apply for an Information Technology Company

Traditional valuations work for the average business, but what about your information technology company? Perhaps it's time to consider...

7 Key Principles of Business Value 7 Key Principles of Business Value 7 Key Principles of Business Value 7 Key Principles of Business Value

Want to create value and wealth in your business? These key concepts explain exactly how to do it.

Think About the Long-Term for Maximizing Shareholder Value Think About the Long-Term for Maximizing Shareholder Value Think About the Long-Term for Maximizing Shareholder Value Think About the Long-Term for Maximizing Shareholder Value

Charles Smith shares his insights on how to maximize your company's shareholder value by focusing on some key points which add more value...

Pitfalls to Watch for in Professional Practice Mergers & Acquisitions Pitfalls to Watch for in Professional Practice Mergers & Acquisitions Pitfalls to Watch for in Professional Practice Mergers & Acquisitions Pitfalls to Watch for in Professional Practice Mergers & Acquisitions

You may only do one merger or acquisition in your life, but it will be one of the most important transactions of your life. Here are some...

To Grow or Sell Your IT Company - A Crossroads Decision To Grow or Sell Your IT Company - A Crossroads Decision To Grow or Sell Your IT Company - A Crossroads Decision To Grow or Sell Your IT Company - A Crossroads Decision

At some point as you grow your IT company, you'll reach a juncture where you need to decide whether to sell your company or grow it on your...

To Sell Your Business, Start With the End in Mind To Sell Your Business, Start With the End in Mind To Sell Your Business, Start With the End in Mind To Sell Your Business, Start With the End in Mind

Charles Smith outlines why it matters to visualize the end result of the sales process before you enter into it. By knowing what your exit...

Private Equity Groups Can Recognize Strategic Value in a Tech Company Acquisition Private Equity Groups Can Recognize Strategic Value in a Tech Company Acquisition Private Equity Groups Can Recognize Strategic Value in a Tech Company Acquisition Private Equity Groups Can Recognize Strategic Value in a Tech Company Acquisition

Instead of lagging behind and losing out on attractive deals, PEGs have come around to a new strategy that allows them to contend with...