Due Diligence

letter of intent letter of intent letter of intent letter of intent

The LOI can fall short of its expectations if you don't do serious due diligence beforehand. In fact, you likely will need professional...

private equity, strategic buyer private equity, strategic buyer private equity, strategic buyer private equity, strategic buyer

Private equity and strategic buyers come with their own set of financial and ownership objectives. This will undoubtedly have a critical...

EOS, entrepreneurial operating software EOS, entrepreneurial operating software EOS, entrepreneurial operating software EOS, entrepreneurial operating software

Every business uses an operating system these days. Does yours do what you need it to? Mike Paton shares all the benefits the right system...

timing timing timing timing

When selling a business, time is not your friend. Time is the enemy of all deals. In fact, 'time wounds all deals' is an expression that...

What Is a Private Equity Firm? What Is a Private Equity Firm? What Is a Private Equity Firm? What Is a Private Equity Firm?

There are many types of potential buyers for your business. Learn what private equity firms are and how they invest in private companies.

Experience Trumps Smarts in the Sale of Your Information Technology Company Experience Trumps Smarts in the Sale of Your Information Technology Company Experience Trumps Smarts in the Sale of Your Information Technology Company Experience Trumps Smarts in the Sale of Your Information Technology Company

You're an intelligent, saavy business owner. You should be able to sell your own compay for the price you want on your first try, right?...

5 Essential Steps to Ensure Due Diligence in Private Company Acquisitions 5 Essential Steps to Ensure Due Diligence in Private Company Acquisitions 5 Essential Steps to Ensure Due Diligence in Private Company Acquisitions 5 Essential Steps to Ensure Due Diligence in Private Company Acquisitions

Acquisitions are very involved processes and you absolutely need to do your due diligence. There is no better way to avoid unnecessary...

Podcast: Save 80% in Taxes When You Sell Your Business, an Interview with Todd Ganos Podcast: Save 80% in Taxes When You Sell Your Business, an Interview with Todd Ganos Podcast: Save 80% in Taxes When You Sell Your Business, an Interview with Todd Ganos Podcast: Save 80% in Taxes When You Sell Your Business, an Interview with Todd Ganos

Let Todd Ganos guide you through the proper tax considerations before you sell your business. Reduce the amount you pay in taxes by 80% at...

Podcast: Preventative Valuations: How Doing a Valuation Early Impacts Your Sale Price, an Interview with John Carvalho Podcast: Preventative Valuations: How Doing a Valuation Early Impacts Your Sale Price, an Interview with John Carvalho Podcast: Preventative Valuations: How Doing a Valuation Early Impacts Your Sale Price, an Interview with John Carvalho Podcast: Preventative Valuations: How Doing a Valuation Early Impacts Your Sale Price, an Interview with John Carvalho

Why do the pros do business valuations three or more years before they're ready to sell? This Life After Business podcast showcases...

3 Tips on Avoiding Deal Fatigue in an Unsolicited Approach Scenario 3 Tips on Avoiding Deal Fatigue in an Unsolicited Approach Scenario 3 Tips on Avoiding Deal Fatigue in an Unsolicited Approach Scenario 3 Tips on Avoiding Deal Fatigue in an Unsolicited Approach Scenario

Too many times deals fall apart at the last hour. This can be especially true if you are blindsided by an appealing offer when you are not...

Flirting with a Single Buyer for Your Business Flirting with a Single Buyer for Your Business Flirting with a Single Buyer for Your Business Flirting with a Single Buyer for Your Business

Selling your business? Let multiple buyers court you. Be choosy, but don't shy away from those initial conversations with each one. You...

9 Critical Areas for Effective Due Diligence 9 Critical Areas for Effective Due Diligence 9 Critical Areas for Effective Due Diligence 9 Critical Areas for Effective Due Diligence

This is part 2 of a two part article that discusses what constitutes an effective operations due diligence and nine critical areas of focus.

Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation? Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation? Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation? Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation?

Your accountant is willing to do the valuation of your business, but should you be willing to let them? Here are some of the main reasons...

So You Received a Letter of Intent, Now What? So You Received a Letter of Intent, Now What? So You Received a Letter of Intent, Now What? So You Received a Letter of Intent, Now What?

You've worked hard to position your business for the sale and finally received a letter of intent. Understanding what this letter truly...

Exits Are Inevitable; Failure Is Not Exits Are Inevitable; Failure Is Not Exits Are Inevitable; Failure Is Not Exits Are Inevitable; Failure Is Not

Don't let yourself get so caught up in your business that you forget the critical step of exit planning. You've developed a successful...

Prepare Early to Close Faster (and Better!) Prepare Early to Close Faster (and Better!) Prepare Early to Close Faster (and Better!) Prepare Early to Close Faster (and Better!)

While we know the importance of due diligence during a sale, did you know that doing it before you enter the sales process can give you a...

What Is My Concrete Business Worth? What Is My Concrete Business Worth? What Is My Concrete Business Worth? What Is My Concrete Business Worth?

What is the best way to evaluate your concrete business' worth in today's market? Explore the information in this article to give yourself...

Stick to Your Guns When Selling Your Business Stick to Your Guns When Selling Your Business Stick to Your Guns When Selling Your Business Stick to Your Guns When Selling Your Business

Some buyers will try to take advantage of the sales process and negotiate for a lower price, or, worse still: they will try to re-trade...

7 Fundamentals to Due Diligence You Need to Know 7 Fundamentals to Due Diligence You Need to Know 7 Fundamentals to Due Diligence You Need to Know 7 Fundamentals to Due Diligence You Need to Know

Thinking of buying, selling or merging? These are 7 key pieces of advice about doing your due diligence that you need to know before making...