Exit Strategy

When is the Best Time to Sell My Business? When is the Best Time to Sell My Business? When is the Best Time to Sell My Business? When is the Best Time to Sell My Business?

If you are selling your business, there is always a right time and a wrong time. This article tells you why waiting until the right time...

Does Your CEO Successor Have the Right Stuff? Does Your CEO Successor Have the Right Stuff? Does Your CEO Successor Have the Right Stuff? Does Your CEO Successor Have the Right Stuff?

Finding the right successor is hard. If you're not sure your CEO is the right choice, you're not alone. These are the 5 weakest types of...

How Targeted Should Your Sale Process Be? How Targeted Should Your Sale Process Be? How Targeted Should Your Sale Process Be? How Targeted Should Your Sale Process Be?

How do you determine the right number of buyers to approach? This article will evaluate the spectrum of options to maximum value on a short...

valuation, value to owner valuation, value to owner valuation, value to owner valuation, value to owner

There are lots of valuation methods out there, but is any one of them the right fit for you? Here are some options you may not know about...

exit planning, entrepreneur exit planning, entrepreneur exit planning, entrepreneur exit planning, entrepreneur

Planning for the sale of your business is great, but to make it a valuable target, you may have to change course multiple times before you...

succession planning, contingency plan, exit plan succession planning, contingency plan, exit plan succession planning, contingency plan, exit plan succession planning, contingency plan, exit plan

What would happen if you couldn't show up for work anymore? Would your business survive?

exit planning, transfer, succession, liquidity event exit planning, transfer, succession, liquidity event exit planning, transfer, succession, liquidity event exit planning, transfer, succession, liquidity event

Inevitably, you are going to exit your company. Which exit channel is best for you? This list of 10 exit options will help you decide which...

exit planning, exit strategy exit planning, exit strategy exit planning, exit strategy exit planning, exit strategy

Ready to sell your business? Before you put the 'For Sale' sign up, learn what steps you should be taking first.

exit planning exit planning exit planning exit planning

Baseball and business have more in common than you'd think. Everyone wants to hit 'it' out of the park. Here's how to crush what's coming...

preparation, sale process preparation, sale process preparation, sale process preparation, sale process

It is critical that business owners prepare well before the sale of their private company in order to ensure their financial and personal...

exit planning exit planning exit planning exit planning

If you’re anything like the average mid-market business owner, chances are you don’t have a formal exit plan. While you may feel there is...

Three Ways to Sell a Company Three Ways to Sell a Company Three Ways to Sell a Company Three Ways to Sell a Company

When it comes to selling a business, it certainly isn't a one-size-fits-all situation. However, careful planning and research is essential...

when to sell when to sell when to sell when to sell

You're riding a company high right now in positive cash flow, so selling is the last thing on your mind. Right? Well, it shouldn't be....

Who Will Pay More for My Company - A Strategic or Financial Buyer? Who Will Pay More for My Company - A Strategic or Financial Buyer? Who Will Pay More for My Company - A Strategic or Financial Buyer? Who Will Pay More for My Company - A Strategic or Financial Buyer?

There are fundamentally two types of buyers, strategic and financial, and each one is different in its own way. Learn which buyer is more...

Podcast: The Real Deal on Succession Planning, an Interview with Carrie Hall and James Bly Podcast: The Real Deal on Succession Planning, an Interview with Carrie Hall and James Bly Podcast: The Real Deal on Succession Planning, an Interview with Carrie Hall and James Bly Podcast: The Real Deal on Succession Planning, an Interview with Carrie Hall and James Bly

Succession planning needs to be done well for a successful transition. Whether you're looking within your family for the next CEO or...

Think About the Long-Term for Maximizing Shareholder Value Think About the Long-Term for Maximizing Shareholder Value Think About the Long-Term for Maximizing Shareholder Value Think About the Long-Term for Maximizing Shareholder Value

Charles Smith shares his insights on how to maximize your company's shareholder value by focusing on some key points which add more value...

Pitfalls to Watch for in Professional Practice Mergers & Acquisitions Pitfalls to Watch for in Professional Practice Mergers & Acquisitions Pitfalls to Watch for in Professional Practice Mergers & Acquisitions Pitfalls to Watch for in Professional Practice Mergers & Acquisitions

You may only do one merger or acquisition in your life, but it will be one of the most important transactions of your life. Here are some...

Podcast: How to Be a Strategic Seller, an Interview with Josh Elizetxe Podcast: How to Be a Strategic Seller, an Interview with Josh Elizetxe Podcast: How to Be a Strategic Seller, an Interview with Josh Elizetxe Podcast: How to Be a Strategic Seller, an Interview with Josh Elizetxe

In this podcast with Josh Elizetxe, you'll learn how to create your own modern rags-to-riches story. Josh shares the keys to his success...

To Sell Your Business, Start With the End in Mind To Sell Your Business, Start With the End in Mind To Sell Your Business, Start With the End in Mind To Sell Your Business, Start With the End in Mind

Charles Smith outlines why it matters to visualize the end result of the sales process before you enter into it. By knowing what your exit...