Business Brokers

business broker, investment banker business broker, investment banker business broker, investment banker business broker, investment banker

Planning is required if you're going to position your business for a successful sale. With surprisingly little pain and effort on your side...

buyer, potential buyer buyer, potential buyer buyer, potential buyer buyer, potential buyer

There are hundreds of buyers out there, so why can it be so hard to close a deal? This article outlines 5 misconceptions that can keep...

Pitfalls to Watch for in Professional Practice Mergers & Acquisitions Pitfalls to Watch for in Professional Practice Mergers & Acquisitions Pitfalls to Watch for in Professional Practice Mergers & Acquisitions Pitfalls to Watch for in Professional Practice Mergers & Acquisitions

You may only do one merger or acquisition in your life, but it will be one of the most important transactions of your life. Here are some...

Podcast: Business Financing Talk with 'the SBA Guy', John Thwing Podcast: Business Financing Talk with 'the SBA Guy', John Thwing Podcast: Business Financing Talk with 'the SBA Guy', John Thwing Podcast: Business Financing Talk with 'the SBA Guy', John Thwing

This in-depth view of financing business deals is exactly what you need to read, whether you're thinking of buying or selling. With more...

Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 5: Like a Realtor) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 5: Like a Realtor) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 5: Like a Realtor) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 5: Like a Realtor)

M&A professional, Bill Snow, continues to answer the question, “How do I hire a good investment banker?” in Part 5 of this five-part series...

Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 4: The 'Ask Price') Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 4: The 'Ask Price') Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 4: The 'Ask Price') Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 4: The 'Ask Price')

M&A professional, Bill Snow, continues to answer the question, “How do I hire a good investment banker?” in Part 4 of this article series...

Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 3: Magic Words) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 3: Magic Words) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 3: Magic Words) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 3: Magic Words)

M&A professional, Bill Snow, continues to answer the question, “How do I hire a good investment banker?” in Part 3 of this article series...

Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 2: Industry Experience) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 2: Industry Experience) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 2: Industry Experience) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 2: Industry Experience)

M&A professional, Bill Snow, continues to answer the question, “How do I hire a good investment banker?” in Part 2 of this article series...

Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 1: 'Knowing' Buyers) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 1: 'Knowing' Buyers) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 1: 'Knowing' Buyers) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 1: 'Knowing' Buyers)

The question M&A professional, Bill Snow, gets asked most often by business owners is “How do I hire a good investment banker?” In part one...

5 Criteria to Consider Before Choosing the Right Investment Banker 5 Criteria to Consider Before Choosing the Right Investment Banker 5 Criteria to Consider Before Choosing the Right Investment Banker 5 Criteria to Consider Before Choosing the Right Investment Banker

A business owner should consider the five key factors in their search in selecting the right investment banker for the sale process.

The Exclusive Negotiations Fallacy The Exclusive Negotiations Fallacy The Exclusive Negotiations Fallacy The Exclusive Negotiations Fallacy

It is a common fallacy that an exclusively negotiated deal is faster, easier and quieter than a structured process. In reality, the...

In a Business Sale, the Buyer Has the Upper Hand (Part 1) In a Business Sale, the Buyer Has the Upper Hand (Part 1) In a Business Sale, the Buyer Has the Upper Hand (Part 1) In a Business Sale, the Buyer Has the Upper Hand (Part 1)

Unless your company is one of those "must-haves" with buyers crawling all over you, you are subject to a process that greatly favors the...

What CEOs Wish They'd Known Before Hiring an Investment Banker What CEOs Wish They'd Known Before Hiring an Investment Banker What CEOs Wish They'd Known Before Hiring an Investment Banker What CEOs Wish They'd Known Before Hiring an Investment Banker

Finding the right investment bank may be a once-in-a-lifetime decision that sums up your life's work. Consider this advice from successful...

Seven Paradoxes of Middle Market M&A Seven Paradoxes of Middle Market M&A Seven Paradoxes of Middle Market M&A Seven Paradoxes of Middle Market M&A

For over 25 years, Rob Slee has seen hundreds of people fail to earn a living in the M&A industry. Learn these 7 paradoxes he says their...

Finding the Right Investment Bank to Sell Your Business Finding the Right Investment Bank to Sell Your Business Finding the Right Investment Bank to Sell Your Business Finding the Right Investment Bank to Sell Your Business

Though you may have interacted with investment banks before, hiring the right one for a transaction that can represent the summation of...

Podcast: I've Helped Sell Over 100 Businesses; Here's My Advice Podcast: I've Helped Sell Over 100 Businesses; Here's My Advice Podcast: I've Helped Sell Over 100 Businesses; Here's My Advice Podcast: I've Helped Sell Over 100 Businesses; Here's My Advice

The sale process is the moment of truth when you convert all of your hard work into cold hard cash. Most entrepreneurs only get the chance...

How to Find the Ever Elusive Proprietary Deal How to Find the Ever Elusive Proprietary Deal How to Find the Ever Elusive Proprietary Deal How to Find the Ever Elusive Proprietary Deal

Just like unicorns, Loch Ness monster and Bigfoot, proprietary deals are mythical creatures rarely encountered. So, just how can a PE firms...

Forewarning on Proprietary Deals Forewarning on Proprietary Deals Forewarning on Proprietary Deals Forewarning on Proprietary Deals

Examining the pitfalls of a proprietary deal from the seller's viewpoint. Even if a seller deals with a single buyer, he or she is...

Podcast: How to Buy and Sell an Online Business Podcast: How to Buy and Sell an Online Business Podcast: How to Buy and Sell an Online Business Podcast: How to Buy and Sell an Online Business

Learn the basics about buying and selling an online business.