Business Brokers

Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 4: The 'Ask Price') Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 4: The 'Ask Price') Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 4: The 'Ask Price') Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 4: The 'Ask Price')

M&A professional, Bill Snow, continues to answer the question, “How do I hire a good investment banker?” in Part 4 of this article series...

Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 3: Magic Words) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 3: Magic Words) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 3: Magic Words) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 3: Magic Words)

M&A professional, Bill Snow, continues to answer the question, “How do I hire a good investment banker?” in Part 3 of this article series...

Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 2: Industry Experience) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 2: Industry Experience) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 2: Industry Experience) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 2: Industry Experience)

M&A professional, Bill Snow, continues to answer the question, “How do I hire a good investment banker?” in Part 2 of this article series...

5 Criteria to Consider Before Choosing the Right Investment Banker 5 Criteria to Consider Before Choosing the Right Investment Banker 5 Criteria to Consider Before Choosing the Right Investment Banker 5 Criteria to Consider Before Choosing the Right Investment Banker

A business owner should consider the five key factors in their search in selecting the right investment banker for the sale process

Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 1: 'Knowing' Buyers) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 1: 'Knowing' Buyers) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 1: 'Knowing' Buyers) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 1: 'Knowing' Buyers)

The question M&A professional, Bill Snow, gets asked most often by business owners is “How do I hire a good investment banker?” In part one...

In a Business Sale, the Buyer Has the Upper Hand (Part 1) In a Business Sale, the Buyer Has the Upper Hand (Part 1) In a Business Sale, the Buyer Has the Upper Hand (Part 1) In a Business Sale, the Buyer Has the Upper Hand (Part 1)

Unless your company is one of those "must-haves" with buyers crawling all over you, you are subject to a process that greatly favors the...

Seven Paradoxes of Middle Market M&A Seven Paradoxes of Middle Market M&A Seven Paradoxes of Middle Market M&A Seven Paradoxes of Middle Market M&A

For over 25 years, Rob Slee has seen hundreds of people fail to earn a living in the M&A industry. Learn these 7 paradoxes he says their...

What CEOs Wish They'd Known Before Hiring an Investment Banker What CEOs Wish They'd Known Before Hiring an Investment Banker What CEOs Wish They'd Known Before Hiring an Investment Banker What CEOs Wish They'd Known Before Hiring an Investment Banker

Finding the right investment bank may be a once-in-a-lifetime decision that sums up your life's work. Consider this advice from successful...

Finding the Right Investment Bank to Sell Your Business Finding the Right Investment Bank to Sell Your Business Finding the Right Investment Bank to Sell Your Business Finding the Right Investment Bank to Sell Your Business

Though you may have interacted with investment banks before, hiring the right one for a transaction that can represent the summation of...

How to Find the Ever Elusive Proprietary Deal How to Find the Ever Elusive Proprietary Deal How to Find the Ever Elusive Proprietary Deal How to Find the Ever Elusive Proprietary Deal

Just like unicorns, Loch Ness monster and Bigfoot, proprietary deals are mythical creatures rarely encountered. So, just how can a PE firms...

The Exclusive Negotiations Fallacy The Exclusive Negotiations Fallacy The Exclusive Negotiations Fallacy The Exclusive Negotiations Fallacy

It is a common fallacy that an exclusively negotiated deal is faster, easier and quieter than a structured process. In reality, the...

Forewarning on Proprietary Deals Forewarning on Proprietary Deals Forewarning on Proprietary Deals Forewarning on Proprietary Deals

Examining the pitfalls of a proprietary deal from the seller's viewpoint. Even if a seller deals with a single buyer, he or she is...

How to Buy and Sell an Online Business How to Buy and Sell an Online Business How to Buy and Sell an Online Business How to Buy and Sell an Online Business

Learn the basics about buying and selling an online business

The Importance of Mergers and Acquisitions in the Middle Market The Importance of Mergers and Acquisitions in the Middle Market The Importance of Mergers and Acquisitions in the Middle Market The Importance of Mergers and Acquisitions in the Middle Market

The middle market represents 1/3 of private sector GDP and employs approximately 25% of the total labor force. Yet, it is estimated 70% of...

There Are Lots of Buyers. That's Great, Right? There Are Lots of Buyers. That's Great, Right? There Are Lots of Buyers. That's Great, Right? There Are Lots of Buyers. That's Great, Right?

With supposedly so many buyers and sellers of businesses, why is it still so hard to close a deal. Here are the 5 misconceptions that...

A Guide to Merger and Acquisition Designations A Guide to Merger and Acquisition Designations A Guide to Merger and Acquisition Designations A Guide to Merger and Acquisition Designations

Attaining a designation can be a key strategy for getting ahead in the M&A industry. Here are some of the top M&A designations, what they...

I've Helped Sell Over 100 Businesses; Here's My Advice I've Helped Sell Over 100 Businesses; Here's My Advice I've Helped Sell Over 100 Businesses; Here's My Advice I've Helped Sell Over 100 Businesses; Here's My Advice

The sale process is the moment of truth when you convert all of your hard work into cold hard cash. Most entrepreneurs only get the chance...

How Will You Find the Best Advisor to Sell Your Business? How Will You Find the Best Advisor to Sell Your Business? How Will You Find the Best Advisor to Sell Your Business? How Will You Find the Best Advisor to Sell Your Business?

Selling your business will probably be the single largest transaction that you will ever be involved in. Don't take chances with hiring the...

The 10 Things Your Business Broker Must Do to Earn Their Fee - Revisited The 10 Things Your Business Broker Must Do to Earn Their Fee - Revisited The 10 Things Your Business Broker Must Do to Earn Their Fee - Revisited The 10 Things Your Business Broker Must Do to Earn Their Fee - Revisited

Selling a business is complex. Anything you read as a "how to" will be a generalization and may not reflect your needs