Valuation Methods

valuation, value to owner valuation, value to owner valuation, value to owner valuation, value to owner

You might have an idea of what your company is worth, but is it accurate? Buyers may not see the same value in your company that you do....

Podcast: What Factors Impact Predicting Future Value of a Company? Interview with Ken Sanginario Podcast: What Factors Impact Predicting Future Value of a Company? Interview with Ken Sanginario Podcast: What Factors Impact Predicting Future Value of a Company? Interview with Ken Sanginario Podcast: What Factors Impact Predicting Future Value of a Company? Interview with Ken Sanginario

Predicting future value (and future cash flows) of a company is actually a refined formula. Ken Sanginario shares his years of knowledge...

Podcast: Preventative Valuations: How Doing a Valuation Early Impacts Your Sale Price, an Interview with John Carvalho Podcast: Preventative Valuations: How Doing a Valuation Early Impacts Your Sale Price, an Interview with John Carvalho Podcast: Preventative Valuations: How Doing a Valuation Early Impacts Your Sale Price, an Interview with John Carvalho Podcast: Preventative Valuations: How Doing a Valuation Early Impacts Your Sale Price, an Interview with John Carvalho

Why do the pros do business valuations three or more years before they're ready to sell? This Life After Business podcast showcases...

The Only Valuation Method that Really Matters The Only Valuation Method that Really Matters The Only Valuation Method that Really Matters The Only Valuation Method that Really Matters

There are many ways to do a business valuation, but is it the right one? For most buyers, there's only one business valuation that matters:...

The Value of a Valuation The Value of a Valuation The Value of a Valuation The Value of a Valuation

The best valuations cover all the basis. Are you getting the best? Find out what nuances are often overlooked in a business valuation and...

Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation? Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation? Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation? Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation?

Your accountant is willing to do the valuation of your business, but should you be willing to let them? Here are some of the main reasons...

What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth? What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth? What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth? What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth?

Figuring out what your electronic manufacturing business is worth is an important first step to entering the market. This article details...

What Is My Auto Repair Business Worth? What Is My Auto Repair Business Worth? What Is My Auto Repair Business Worth? What Is My Auto Repair Business Worth?

Do you know how much your shop is really worth? Have you done your valuation? This is the best strategy to get what you deserve out of your...

7 Fundamentals to Due Diligence You Need to Know 7 Fundamentals to Due Diligence You Need to Know 7 Fundamentals to Due Diligence You Need to Know 7 Fundamentals to Due Diligence You Need to Know

Thinking of buying, selling or merging? These are 7 key pieces of advice about doing your due diligence that you need to know before making...

7 Reasons Your Business Isn't Worth What You Think It's Worth 7 Reasons Your Business Isn't Worth What You Think It's Worth 7 Reasons Your Business Isn't Worth What You Think It's Worth 7 Reasons Your Business Isn't Worth What You Think It's Worth

Business owner sometimes have lofty expectations on the value of their companies. Here are reasons why these expectations might not be...

What Your Supply Chain Business Is Really Worth What Your Supply Chain Business Is Really Worth What Your Supply Chain Business Is Really Worth What Your Supply Chain Business Is Really Worth

Jock Purtle, owner of digitalexits.com, explains the types of valuations to consider, the average multiple that supply chain businesses are...

A Visual Framework for Business Valuation A Visual Framework for Business Valuation A Visual Framework for Business Valuation A Visual Framework for Business Valuation

Tim Vipond of Corporate Finance Institute offers a visual aide that he's created to help you better understand business valuations and how...

Comparing Comparables: The Problem with Transactional Data Comparing Comparables: The Problem with Transactional Data Comparing Comparables: The Problem with Transactional Data Comparing Comparables: The Problem with Transactional Data

George Abraham of Business Evaluation Systems explains the Direct Market Data Method and the issues facing transactional data from the top...

A Calculation of Value Report and an Appraisal...There is a Difference A Calculation of Value Report and an Appraisal...There is a Difference A Calculation of Value Report and an Appraisal...There is a Difference A Calculation of Value Report and an Appraisal...There is a Difference

George Abraham of Business Evaluation Systems explains what a calculation of value report is and how it differs from an appraisal. Knowing...

valuation valuation valuation valuation

In valuing a business, an appraiser must analyze every aspect and quantify his/her analysis of the company’s risk into value. George...

11 Reasons to Use Earnouts in the Sale of Your Company (Part 1) 11 Reasons to Use Earnouts in the Sale of Your Company (Part 1) 11 Reasons to Use Earnouts in the Sale of Your Company (Part 1) 11 Reasons to Use Earnouts in the Sale of Your Company (Part 1)

Sellers have historically viewed earnouts with suspicion as a way for buyers to get control of their companies cheaply. However, here are...

11 Reasons to Use Earnouts in the Sale of Your Company (Part 2) 11 Reasons to Use Earnouts in the Sale of Your Company (Part 2) 11 Reasons to Use Earnouts in the Sale of Your Company (Part 2) 11 Reasons to Use Earnouts in the Sale of Your Company (Part 2)

Dave Kauppi, M&A advisor with MidMarket Capital, Inc., gives five more reasons out of 11 why earnouts should be considered when selling...

Valuation vs. Value Creation Valuation vs. Value Creation Valuation vs. Value Creation Valuation vs. Value Creation

Private equity group, Evolution Capital, explains the difference between a business valuation and value creation, as well as how both...

How Your Balance Sheet Impacts Business Value How Your Balance Sheet Impacts Business Value How Your Balance Sheet Impacts Business Value How Your Balance Sheet Impacts Business Value

A balance sheet is one of the most common starting places for buyers when attempting to assess the value of your company. Learn which line...