Valuation Methods

investing, IPO investing, IPO investing, IPO investing, IPO

Public and private companies are valued differently by the types of buyers who want to acquire them. Take some lessons from Roger Sippl of...

A Visual Framework for Business Valuation A Visual Framework for Business Valuation A Visual Framework for Business Valuation A Visual Framework for Business Valuation

Tim Vipond of Corporate Finance Institute offers a visual aide that he's created to help you better understand business valuations and how...

valuation valuation valuation valuation

In valuing a business, an appraiser must analyze every aspect and quantify his/her analysis of the company’s risk into value. George...

Neutralizing the Due Diligence Grind Neutralizing the Due Diligence Grind Neutralizing the Due Diligence Grind Neutralizing the Due Diligence Grind

Initial indications can be tactically inflated to ensure the acquirer gains access to your confidential information after which this price...

Magic Tricks to Help You Get the Valuation You Want Magic Tricks to Help You Get the Valuation You Want Magic Tricks to Help You Get the Valuation You Want Magic Tricks to Help You Get the Valuation You Want

What witchcraft is this? Let us share three magic tricks to get you the valuation your company deserves.

'I Sold My Business at 10X Multiple.' A Multiple of What (and When)? 'I Sold My Business at 10X Multiple.' A Multiple of What (and When)? 'I Sold My Business at 10X Multiple.' A Multiple of What (and When)? 'I Sold My Business at 10X Multiple.' A Multiple of What (and When)?

How many times have you heard that a company sold for a big multiple? Have you ever wondered what this multiple refers to? This article...

valuation, value to owner valuation, value to owner valuation, value to owner valuation, value to owner

You might have an idea of what your company is worth, but is it accurate? Buyers may not see the same value in your company that you do....

Do You Know What Your Company Is Worth? Do You Know What Your Company Is Worth? Do You Know What Your Company Is Worth? Do You Know What Your Company Is Worth?

Having a proper understanding of the value of your company - despite the fact that banks, shareholders and government agencies never ask...

Traditional Valuation Techniques May not Apply for an Information Technology Company Traditional Valuation Techniques May not Apply for an Information Technology Company Traditional Valuation Techniques May not Apply for an Information Technology Company Traditional Valuation Techniques May not Apply for an Information Technology Company

Traditional valuations work for the average business, but what about your information technology company? Perhaps it's time to consider...

Think About the Long-Term for Maximizing Shareholder Value Think About the Long-Term for Maximizing Shareholder Value Think About the Long-Term for Maximizing Shareholder Value Think About the Long-Term for Maximizing Shareholder Value

Charles Smith shares his insights on how to maximize your company's shareholder value by focusing on some key points which add more value...

Podcast: What Factors Impact Predicting Future Value of a Company? Interview with Ken Sanginario Podcast: What Factors Impact Predicting Future Value of a Company? Interview with Ken Sanginario Podcast: What Factors Impact Predicting Future Value of a Company? Interview with Ken Sanginario Podcast: What Factors Impact Predicting Future Value of a Company? Interview with Ken Sanginario

Predicting future value (and future cash flows) of a company is actually a refined formula. Ken Sanginario shares his years of knowledge...

How Your Company Is Valued Depends on the Buyer How Your Company Is Valued Depends on the Buyer How Your Company Is Valued Depends on the Buyer How Your Company Is Valued Depends on the Buyer

Are you preparing to sell your business? Not all buyers will value your company equally, so make sure you are positioning your business in...

Podcast: Preventative Valuations: How Doing a Valuation Early Impacts Your Sale Price, an Interview with John Carvalho Podcast: Preventative Valuations: How Doing a Valuation Early Impacts Your Sale Price, an Interview with John Carvalho Podcast: Preventative Valuations: How Doing a Valuation Early Impacts Your Sale Price, an Interview with John Carvalho Podcast: Preventative Valuations: How Doing a Valuation Early Impacts Your Sale Price, an Interview with John Carvalho

Why do the pros do business valuations three or more years before they're ready to sell? This Life After Business podcast showcases...

The Importance of Projections in Determining Business Value The Importance of Projections in Determining Business Value The Importance of Projections in Determining Business Value The Importance of Projections in Determining Business Value

It's no secret that valuations are a big part of the business selling process, and it's a critical step. Weighing future projections is a...

The Value of a Valuation The Value of a Valuation The Value of a Valuation The Value of a Valuation

The best valuations cover all the basis. Are you getting the best? Find out what nuances are often overlooked in a business valuation and...

The Only Valuation Method that Really Matters The Only Valuation Method that Really Matters The Only Valuation Method that Really Matters The Only Valuation Method that Really Matters

There are many ways to do a business valuation, but is it the right one? For most buyers, there's only one business valuation that matters:...

Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation? Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation? Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation? Should My Accountant Do My Business Valuation?

Your accountant is willing to do the valuation of your business, but should you be willing to let them? Here are some of the main reasons...

What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth? What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth? What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth? What Is My Electronic Manufacturing Business Worth?

Figuring out what your electronic manufacturing business is worth is an important first step to entering the market. This article details...

What Is My Auto Repair Business Worth? What Is My Auto Repair Business Worth? What Is My Auto Repair Business Worth? What Is My Auto Repair Business Worth?

Do you know how much your shop is really worth? Have you done your valuation? This is the best strategy to get what you deserve out of your...