Investment Bankers

Podcast: Biggest Lessons Learned From Selling My Business Podcast: Biggest Lessons Learned From Selling My Business Podcast: Biggest Lessons Learned From Selling My Business Podcast: Biggest Lessons Learned From Selling My Business

Cory Janssen, co-founder of Investopedia and Divestopedia, shares his nuggets of wisdom learned from selling Investopedia to Forbes.

A Summary of M&A Fees for Sell-Side Transactions A Summary of M&A Fees for Sell-Side Transactions A Summary of M&A Fees for Sell-Side Transactions A Summary of M&A Fees for Sell-Side Transactions

Investment banks offer expertise and know-how that can add significant value to any transaction, but complicated fee structures can be...

Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 1: 'Knowing' Buyers) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 1: 'Knowing' Buyers) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 1: 'Knowing' Buyers) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 1: 'Knowing' Buyers)

The question M&A professional, Bill Snow, gets asked most often by business owners is “How do I hire a good investment banker?” In part one...

valuation gap valuation gap valuation gap valuation gap

Unrealistic value expectations is the number one reason for only 10% of businesses for sale actually close within 3 years of going to...

Forget About Business Value. What Are My Net Cash Proceeds?! Forget About Business Value. What Are My Net Cash Proceeds?! Forget About Business Value. What Are My Net Cash Proceeds?! Forget About Business Value. What Are My Net Cash Proceeds?!

Understanding the value of your business is important, but even more important is determining the amount of cash that will land in your...

Make Your Business Valuable in the Marketplace Make Your Business Valuable in the Marketplace Make Your Business Valuable in the Marketplace Make Your Business Valuable in the Marketplace

There is a lot of advice out there on how to generate the valuation you want at time of sale. However, the main things you should be...

Making Sense of Private Market M&A Advisory Fees Making Sense of Private Market M&A Advisory Fees Making Sense of Private Market M&A Advisory Fees Making Sense of Private Market M&A Advisory Fees

Fees are as customizable ad the business you run. How do you find the fee structure that will work for your business at time of sale? This...

Avoiding the Exclusive Negotiations Trap Avoiding the Exclusive Negotiations Trap Avoiding the Exclusive Negotiations Trap Avoiding the Exclusive Negotiations Trap

Competitive tension is essential to exert control over the sale process and present an enforceable timeline to bidders.

How to Check an Investment Banker’s References How to Check an Investment Banker’s References How to Check an Investment Banker’s References How to Check an Investment Banker’s References

When devising reference check questions for investment bankers, your guiding light is to get usable data as answers that will help you make...

Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 5: Like a Realtor) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 5: Like a Realtor) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 5: Like a Realtor) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 5: Like a Realtor)

M&A professional, Bill Snow, continues to answer the question, “How do I hire a good investment banker?” in Part 5 of this five-part series...

What Can a Private Equity Investor Control in a Deal? What Can a Private Equity Investor Control in a Deal? What Can a Private Equity Investor Control in a Deal? What Can a Private Equity Investor Control in a Deal?

The current valuations for middle market companies is frustrating private equity investors, but there are ways for them to control, choose...

Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 4: The 'Ask Price') Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 4: The 'Ask Price') Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 4: The 'Ask Price') Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 4: The 'Ask Price')

M&A professional, Bill Snow, continues to answer the question, “How do I hire a good investment banker?” in Part 4 of this article series...

Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 3: Magic Words) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 3: Magic Words) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 3: Magic Words) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 3: Magic Words)

M&A professional, Bill Snow, continues to answer the question, “How do I hire a good investment banker?” in Part 3 of this article series...

Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 2: Industry Experience) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 2: Industry Experience) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 2: Industry Experience) Misconceptions & Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker (Part 2: Industry Experience)

M&A professional, Bill Snow, continues to answer the question, “How do I hire a good investment banker?” in Part 2 of this article series...

5 Things Running Taught Me About Building a Valuable Business 5 Things Running Taught Me About Building a Valuable Business 5 Things Running Taught Me About Building a Valuable Business 5 Things Running Taught Me About Building a Valuable Business

Think running and business have nothing in common? Think again. Here are five things I learned from running that can help you build a more...

Getting Ready to Sell: Advice from the Experts Getting Ready to Sell: Advice from the Experts Getting Ready to Sell: Advice from the Experts Getting Ready to Sell: Advice from the Experts

Valuable advice from our great Divestopedia Podcast guests.

The Investment Banking Landscape: Different Types of M&A Firms The Investment Banking Landscape: Different Types of M&A Firms The Investment Banking Landscape: Different Types of M&A Firms The Investment Banking Landscape: Different Types of M&A Firms

You're ready to sell your business, but you're not clear what type of banking firm to choose to help you in the process. This article...

investment banker investment banker investment banker investment banker

Selling your business is probably the biggest transaction of your career. A capable investment banker can save you time, money and a ton of...

The 10 Things Your Business Broker Must Do to Earn Their Fee - Revisited The 10 Things Your Business Broker Must Do to Earn Their Fee - Revisited The 10 Things Your Business Broker Must Do to Earn Their Fee - Revisited The 10 Things Your Business Broker Must Do to Earn Their Fee - Revisited

Selling a business is complex. Anything you read as a "how to" will be a generalization and may not reflect your needs.